I'm glad we got KC

isestrex

1. Showalter is one of the best managers in the game... Ned Yost is one of the worst.

2. No power in the KC lineup which won't play well in Camden.

3. Speed is a huge part of their game but they've faced the 3rd and 7th worst teams at throwing runners out. Expect to see a lot more Caleb (23 of 57 for 40.3%) than Hundley (5 of 27 for 18.5%) in this series.

4. Trout destroys low pitching and I was deathly afraid of him vs Britton in the series.

5. Home field advantage remains with us throughout the playoffs thanks to KC being the lower seed and Mike Trout's heroics in the All Star Game (thanks man!)

Obviously they still have several strengths and could still beat the Orioles. But I think we match up much better against the Royals.

...and #1 can't be emphasized enough. Buck ran circles around Ausmus, and Yost is far worse.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mixed feelings. KC was not as good as LAA during the season, so in theory they are the easier opponent. Beating them would be less satisfying than beating the Angels, and on the other hand, I'd be more bummed out to lose to a team I consider clearly inferior to ours. But our chances of beating KC seem better, though they played great baseball this week. In any event, bring 'em on!

I have mixed feelings. KC was not as good as LAA during the season, so in theory they are the easier opponent. Beating them would be less satisfying than beating the Angels, and on the other hand, I'd be more bummed out to lose to a team I consider clearly inferior to ours. But our chances of beating KC seem better, though they played great baseball this week. In any event, bring 'em on!

I think the Os had a better chance against LAA. They have a weaker Pen and OF is a lot slower than KCs. KC is built veru similar to the Os and I believe this will be a very good series.

I think the Os have a little more power and an edge in overall pitching. Say Os in 6.

Yeah, I agree with this. I said after game 1 that I wouldn't be upset if we lost to LAA but I would be upset if we lost to KC in the ALCS. Of course I would be disappointed either way, but losing to a team that I also believe to be inferior to the Orioles would sting more.

The regular season series vs K.C was certainly tougher than the Angels and man they're red hot. Better keep the homers coming because it looks like they're going to catch anything that doesn't go out. Should really be interesting. Speed-defense-good rotation-great bullpen vs Power-defense-good rotation-great bullpen. Will probably come down to a play here or there.

I think the Os had a better chance against LAA. They have a weaker Pen and OF is a lot slower than KCs. KC is built veru similar to the Os and I believe this will be a very good series.

I think the Os have a little more power and an edge in overall pitching. Say Os in 6.

They are not built the same aside from defenses. They play small ball and we play "big ball."

To the OP I too am happy we get KC. They have a couple of hitters who are hot right now that could burn us but I'm hopeful our pitching rises to the occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this. I was more scared of Anaheim coming in than anyone. Either league. But KC is grrrrooving right now. Pretty scary team!

Like isestrex said tho, sort of said, Buck is the best! Better than Yost, better than Williams, better than Mattingly. I like our guys. I like our chances.

Only thing you have to worry about is defensively (pitching and position players) they have the ability to turn the game into a 6 inning game. The Angels didn't.

They may or may not be missing Herrera. We don't know. That would be a big blow.

o

I'm just relieved that Britton bent but didn't break tonight, and we didn't have to agonize over playing a Game Four or a Game Five.

Lots of rest before the A.L.C.S., now.

I feel confident in the Orioles' chances against either of these two teams, especially after they turned it up against the Tigers after having finished the final two weeks of the regular season with mediocre play (particularly the defense.)

Archived