Now at #4 in the Nation

murph

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We could climb to #1 in the next few weeks. I see us winning our next 6 games.

Purdue worries me a little. I don't know if we'll sweep them.

It's also weird to me we only play MSU once. If I was the Big Ten I'd be scheduling MD vs MSU twice a year. We have a history with them and it was obvious we'd both be top 25 teams.

It's also weird to me we only play MSU once. If I was the Big Ten I'd be scheduling MD vs MSU twice a year. We have a history with them and it was obvious we'd both be top 25 teams.

We only play Purdue once in the next 6 games and it's at home. The seventh game is at Purdue.

We could climb to #1 in the next few weeks. I see us winning our next 6 games.

Awesome that, that is even a topic of discussion!

I agree, home and away with MSU every year could build a good new rivalry. Sorta miss getting pumped for a Duke or NC game.

Two more examples today of how college teams lose on the road no matter how good they are. Both #1 and #2 lose on the road to teams not in the top 25, borderline tourney teams. UNC was up 20 in the first half and still lost.

MD is a good team that just won 4 tough games in 10 days. We need to appreciate what we are seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lou Holtz:

"When I first started, everybody said they just wanted us to be competitive. That first season in 1986 we went 5-6 and lost five games by a total of 14 points. But people said, 'No, when we said competitive, we meant we want you to win.'

"So the next year we were 8-4 and played in a New Year's Day bowl. But they said, 'No, when we said we want you to win, we meant win them all.'

"So the next year we did win them all. We went 12-0 and won the national championship. But they said, 'No, you don't understand, we meant we want you to win big.' "

Two more examples today of how college teams lose on the road no matter how good they are. Both #1 and #2 lose on the road to teams not in the top 25, borderline tourney teams. UNC was up 20 in the first half and still lost.

MD is a good team that just won 4 tough games in 10 days. We need to appreciate what we are seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I agree! We as Terps basketball fans are very fortunate to be able to watch good basketball pretty much every year.

Remember when we used to be happy with 20 wins? Because it meant we were going to the tournament. We're already past that mark.

Archived