• 5.2k views
  2. Starting Pitchers

• 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 16 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 39 replies
    • 4.3k views

• Put me in the Holliday at second column for today.  Bat him ninth and cross your fingers he keeps last weekend's improvements going. I think we need someone from out of nowhere to get going if we want to do anything in the playoffs - Holliday certainly on the list of candidates for that, along w/ Kjerstad.  Who knows maybe Holliday is ready to break out and become our Evan Carter for the rest of 2024.  Worth a shot after yesterday's abysmal performance. Henderson Westburg (moves to 3B obviously) O'hearn (1b) Santander Cowser Mullins Kjerstad (DH) Rutschman Holliday   That's a lot of lefties in a row, but that can be abated somewhat with pinch hitting later in the game, if needed - Mountcastle/Slater/Rivera/Urias is not a terrible RH bench and any combo can hit for Kjerstad or Holliday or Mullins. Have to move Rutsch down.
    • Not disagreeing with you, but need to point out that San Diego has done a lot of winning lately, almost catching the Dodgers. That gives your fans a lot of faith to show up for a playoff game.
    • The ball Mullins hit.  Was the wind blowing in yesterday because I thought it was gone off the bat?
    • I live in South Carolina so it's not a convenient drive, but I did buy ALCS tickets right away last year (obviously that didn't pan out) but didn't purchase any tickets (yet) this year. I could see myself making the drive up if they happened to win the next two for a ALDS or ALCS game. But with how the team has performed the last half of the year I can honestly say I was significantly less excited this year than last.  Of course, I did watch every pitch and followed all the reports and media leading up to the game so I'm still invested, but it's certainly a bit different. 
    • Gunnar isn’t going anywhere for at least 4 more years after this. I’m all for signing him longterm. Whether Gunnar is signed or not has nothing to do with how they played down the stretch. If he had a 10 year deal that doesn’t make him or anyone else better.    From a fan standpoint clearly inking a home grown star to a longterm deal will go a long ways. I am hopeful new ownership will do these things.