Where Do You See The Orioles Spending Their $ This Offseason?

Rene88

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team will be "re-tooled" and will be expected to compete for a division title next year. They aren't wasting prime years of Jones, Machado, Schoop and others to be wasted on a down season of rebuilding.
Good post.

I also agree.

There is a good core on this team, a total rebuild is not needed.

Some pieces are, and I like your use "re-tool".

Who is going to pitch in the rotation other than Gausman and Tillman? Who is going to be the 7th and 8th inning guys in the bullpen? Who is going to bat 4th and 5th? Who is going to play 1st base? Left/right field?

The front office isn't willing to spend money on free agents and they have a weak farm system. I'm not sure if the front office is going to allocate the money that they will be saving by not resigning Chen, Wieters, Davis and O'Day (and Markakis and Cruz) I hate to be negative but it is what it is.

It's really unfortunate that Bundy has been injured and will more than likely never be a starting pitcher for the Orioles. Hopefully Hunter Harvey can stay healthy but even if he does the Orioles haven't developed a good starting pitcher since Mike Mussina (although I do think that Gausman will be the real deal).

Who is going to pitch in the rotation other than Gausman and Tillman? Who is going to be the 7th and 8th inning guys in the bullpen? Who is going to bat 4th and 5th? Who is going to play 1st base? Left/right field?

The front office isn't willing to spend money on free agents and they have a weak farm system. I'm not sure if the front office is going to allocate the money that they will be saving by not resigning Chen, Wieters, Davis and O'Day (and Markakis and Cruz) I hate to be negative but it is what it is.

It's really unfortunate that Bundy has been injured and will more than likely never be a starting pitcher for the Orioles. Hopefully Hunter Harvey can stay healthy but even if he does the Orioles haven't developed a good starting pitcher since Mike Mussina (although I do think that Gausman will be the real deal).

Who says they saved any money. Maybe they spent all they had? Do you think they have a savings account to draw from?

Who says they saved any money. Maybe they spent all they had? Do you think they have a savings account to draw from?

I guarantee you the investors get a robust dividend check, not that there is anything wrong with that. I doubt every last dime was spent. My problem is how they spent it, not how much.

I guarantee you the investors get a robust dividend check, not that there is anything wrong with that. I doubt every last dime was spent. My problem is how they spent it, not how much.

How much. How much did they get?

There's almost too many holes to fill through the FA route. FA brings nothing but bad contracts with diminishing returns, but you need that type of player. But even if you sign that type of player, you look at the rest of the holes and think, "there's so many, do we really want to get stuck with that contract just to fill one hole?"

There's almost too many holes to fill through the FA route. FA brings nothing but bad contracts with diminishing returns' date=' but you need that type of player. But even if you sign that type of player, you look at the rest of the holes and think, "there's so many, do we really want to get stuck with that contract just to fill one hole?"[/quote']

Next year could be really ugly if someone like Mancini doesn't step up and surprise or the starting pitching has injuries.

Archived