How The West Was Won

Moose Milligan

Looking ahead to the schedule this week, our boys are headed out West for 9 games against the Athletics, Angels and the Mariners.

Obviously this is an important west coast swing but trying to predict what'll happen is tricky. The Orioles finally have their bats going after a disastrous July and it looks like they finally might be clicking on all cylinders with the staff performing well, too. They've been beating teams they should beat over this past week.

The Athletics are in last place, yet they always scare the crap out of me, they always seem to give us fits. We're fortunate for missing Sonny Gray as he goes today vs. Cleveland so I don't think there's a reason why we can't take 2/3 from the A's. Then again, we're facing two rookies after Jesse Chavez and that's always an eye-roll as 7 shutout innings isn't unfathomable from someone we haven't seen before. Bassitt and Groveman have sub 4 ERAs. Add that to the fact that the A's always give us fits no matter what, this shouldn't be a series to overlook.

The Angels are a tough team, just two games back in their division. I'm a bit hopeful that we'll miss Jered Weaver as he made a rehab start a few days ago and plans are stillup in the air for his return. The Mariners are near the bottom of the division as well but we'll probably have to face Felix as he's scheduled to pitch on Monday.

I can see a 6-3 record for this trip but I think 5-4 is more likely. 4-5 would be awful.

Looking ahead to the schedule this week, our boys are headed out West for 9 games against the Athletics, Angels and the Mariners.

Obviously this is an important west coast swing but trying to predict what'll happen is tricky. The Orioles finally have their bats going after a disastrous July and it looks like they finally might be clicking on all cylinders with the staff performing well, too. They've been beating teams they should beat over this past week.

The Athletics are in last place, yet they always scare the crap out of me, they always seem to give us fits. We're fortunate for missing Sonny Gray as he goes today vs. Cleveland so I don't think there's a reason why we can't take 2/3 from the A's. Then again, we're facing two rookies after Jesse Chavez and that's always an eye-roll as 7 shutout innings isn't unfathomable from someone we haven't seen before. Bassitt and Groveman have sub 4 ERAs. Add that to the fact that the A's always give us fits no matter what, this shouldn't be a series to overlook.

The Angels are a tough team, just two games back in their division. I'm a bit hopeful that we'll miss Jered Weaver as he made a rehab start a few days ago and plans are stillup in the air for his return. The Mariners are near the bottom of the division as well but we'll probably have to face Felix as he's scheduled to pitch on Monday.

I can see a 6-3 record for this trip but I think 5-4 is more likely. 4-5 would be awful.

Everyone knows the Orioles only hit in even numbered months. So hopefully this will ring true into October :D

I like our chances of taking 2/3 from the Angels. The pen gets to rest. Tillman on 11 days rest with Gausman and Ubaldo getting an extra day. Hopefully Ubaldo gets in two side sessions to work on his command.

The angels remind me of the Yankees team that got swept by Detroit in 2012. Just flawed, don't do much well but they got a couple hitters that can burn you.

Hopefully Os take care of business and overtake the halos in WC race

Archived