When does Schoop's .300 plus batting avg not become SSS?

higgybaby

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When can we start believing this is the real Schoop that we can expect going forward from here on out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's far from a guarantee Schoop will even be a consistent .300 OBP hitter much less a regular .300 hitter for average.

It really looks to me like he has changed his swing from last year. He was a very top hand heavy hitter last year. He has really flattened his swing out and let his bottom hand lead his swing through the zone. He had trouble with anything low in the zone last year. Last night he just missed on a knee high pitch his first time up and then got the homer on another low one his second time up. He just has much better extension on his swing. We'll see how it plays going forward but I think it's a giant step in the right direction.

Additionally, and this is from recollection -- so I could be off base, but last year his swing had a two handed follow through. This year he's got the one hand follow through.

Oh and batting gloves. He's wearing gloves.

It's the gloves.

Additionally, and this is from recollection -- so I could be off base, but last year his swing had a two handed follow through. This year he's got the one hand follow through.

Oh and batting gloves. He's wearing gloves.

It's the gloves.

Don't forget that Manny Ramirez was Junior Lake's hitting coach.

I'm sure that has something to do with it.

I continue to believe that Schoop is going to be a star...not just a regular, but an All-Star. He and Manny are going to be beasts for us for the next few years.

I whole heartedly agree. I think he is going to be a really good player.

Don't forget that Manny Ramirez was Junior Lake's hitting coach.

I'm sure that has something to do with it.

I switched jobs too. Some things got better, some got worse.

You guys could never have known this. Should've mentioned it before now.

This is a very good analysis IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seriously, he's got some good things going on. A few weeks ago he hit one out that was a low and away slider, K fodder, but he waited on it and one handed it into the left field bleachers.

I'm enamored with him. His reaction to his own good plays is what you want to see. No smirk, no coy, just... I don't know what. The kid is a pleasure to root for.

When can we start believing this is the real Schoop that we can expect going forward from here on out?

I think it's safe to say that he's the best defensive 2nd basemen in the league. Big. Strong arm. A beast on DP's. He's a linebacker out there.

Archived