Why do some of you love "losing" so much?

My O's Face

I don't need to. All you've done for years is spit out 97' date='000 posts with stupid and meaningless stats. It's all you're good for. Like I told the other dude.. It's called a life.. try looking into it.[/quote']

What do you contribute exactly?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm the idiot huh? I'm the loser? You've been a member as long as I have' date=' and you have over 4,000 posts. Sports Guy has like 97,000. It's called a life.. look into it. :rofl:[/quote']

That's because you have nothing worth saying.

Signing Mark Teixeira, Matt Holliday or trading for Miguel Cabrera would not have been stupid.

Signing or trading for premium talent is never stupid. It's risky, but it's not stupid.

Andy MacPhail said the worst signing in free agency was Alex Rodriguez. But Alex Rodriguez was worth every bit of his contract. It was the move for Chan Ho Park and other moves that crippled the Rangers. It's that mentality, that scared, petrified, mentality that MacPhail exhibits when considering a LT signing like a Mark Teixeira or a Prince Fielder that continues to cripple this team.

MacPhail is so scared and terrified of crippling this team with a LT contract that he's crippling the team anyway by refusing to take any risk on a player that could be a difference maker LT. He needs to show some courage and make some bold moves or step aside and let somebody else do it that will.

I continue to pray he'll leave the team at the end of the year because he knows that he's washed up and the way he runs a team will no longer work, especially in the AL East.

It's easy to pick good FA contracts in retrospect. Just like it's easy to call a coin flip after it's landed.

How about Lackey? Burnett? Figgins? The list goes on and on and on and on.

And how long are you willing to watch the team stay non-competitive until they do that?

Peter Angelos will never allow it to happen. He will however spend money to try to be competitive.

We can spend money on the ML team and continue to build the proper structure so it can finally support and take over for what is there now.

We don't have to lose so we can win. But we'd better invest in this core we've built otherwise the past four years have been a complete waste.

What proof do you have?

I don't need to. All you've done for years is spit out 97' date='000 posts with stupid and meaningless stats. It's all you're good for. Like I told the other dude.. It's called a life.. try looking into it.[/quote']

LOL...The exact answer from someone who knows he is overmatched. Just move along or you will continue to get embarrassed, as you always do.

I probably disagree with SG more than I agree with him, but I'd rather go back and read all 97,000 of SG's posts than have to read one more of yours.

Well, all of them except the SG/El Gordo pissing matches. I'd skip those.

What proof do you have?

The money he's allocated in the past. Add up what we've spent in FA over the past several years and then you'll see we can afford premium talent if it is spent on only a few players instead of several.

The GM we've had for the past several years refuses to allocate it properly.

It's easy to pick good FA contracts in retrospect. Just like it's easy to call a coin flip after it's landed.

How about Lackey? Burnett? Figgins? The list goes on and on and on and on.

The Burnett contract may not be as bad as you think. He did well in his first year, had a poor second year, and looks to have rebounded in 2011 thus far.

Lackey pitched 215 innings last year and won 14 games. Not the greatest, but not a terrible investment. He's been hurt this year, so we'll have to see how he pitches the rest of the year.

Figgins has just for whatever reason fell apart in Seattle. And I'll give you that one, though I backed off Figgins later in that offseason.

The money he's allocated in the past. Add up what we've spent in FA over the past several years and then you'll see we can afford premium talent if it is spent on only a few players instead of several.

The GM we've had for the past several years refuses to allocate it properly.

Do you seriously think one Matt Holliday in the last several years would have put us over the top?

And you're missing SrMeowMeow's point, Trea. It's not about choosing the right FA contract because any one of them could tank. You're ideas are like throwing darts and hoping one of them sticks. All the while ignoring the holes in your wall.

Do you seriously think one Matt Holliday in the last several years would have put us over the top?

We'd have Matt Holliday right now and last year.

Imagine adding more bats this offseason or last when having Matt Holliday on the team already.

Imagine having Mark Teixeira, instead of Derrek Lee at 1B right now.

Don't you think the team would look a bit differently and play a bit differently if it had an .875-900+ OPS bat in the middle of that lineup?

Offense is our major problem right now as we have the pitching.

Why do you think Buck Showalter again wants a big bat that can hit in the middle of the lineup this coming offseason?

It's because the Orioles need one, and MacPhail has failed to get one every single offseason when he had the chance because he never believed offense was as important as pitching.

I don't have too much to contribute to this thread, as I obviously love losing, but with the multiple "get a life" responses, a singles ad for "afro invitations" is being generated. Haven't seen that one before. So thanks for the discourse. :thumbsup1:

Archived