Would you make this trade

bigbird

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, as long as Bako wouldn't be starting at C.

We could get our center fielder in Baldelli for cheap and take a flyer on Gomes at DH. It would be selling low on Ramon, but I honestly don't think he's going to put up numbers from a couple years ago again. Although I'd like to think they'll be better than last years.

Baldelli may never play again based on his injury history.

Gomes has some pop in his bat, but does not seem to be viewed as too valuable in TB (based on his use last season). He's a younger, less expensive Aubrey Huff.

If we could trade Huff straight up for Gomes, then we could take a risk on Baldelli.

Baldelli may never play again based on his injury history.

Gomes has some pop in his bat, but does not seem to be viewed as too valuable in TB (based on his use last season). He's a younger, less expensive Aubrey Huff.

If we could trade Huff straight up for Gomes, then we could take a risk on Baldelli.

No offense but Huff is a terrible comparison to Gomes.

Hell, i trade Hernandez and Burres for Gomes himself...Baldelli is just icing on the cake.

No offense but Huff is a terrible comparison to Gomes.

Hell, i trade Hernandez and Burres for Gomes himself...Baldelli is just icing on the cake.

That was my first reaction until I looked at Gomes #'s. They're pretty plain. I think he just hits homers vs Orioles pitching; that's why the deal sounds good so quickly.

Archived