Thoughts on package O's got for Koji?

centralpaosfan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anytime you trade a 36 year old for a pair of 25 year olds you're doing well for yourself, if you ask me. Unfortunately, I doubt either of these two becomes a difference maker and that's certainly what Koji has been out of the bullpen.

Give me good prospects for Guthrie and Lee and we'll see what we have then, but I'd say it's clear Buck/MacPhail are looking for a quantity of ML-ready guys, not necessarily high levels of potential.

I like that the O's paid salary relief to get the deal done though, clearly that was necessary to get both Davis and Hunter and I'm glad to see this team isn't just dumping salary (though that's what the Lee trade rumors are suggesting).

I like it. We got a guy we can plug into our rotation for the next 3 or 4 years. Perhaps he never has a season as good as last year, but the guy has pitched well in the major leagues for 300+ innings. He's currently the only pitcher we own that you can say that about [assuming Guthrie is dealt].

Davis could be a AAAA player, or a Wigginton type corner infield backup. Or he could eventually put it together, those minor league numbers are mighty impressive. He probably has flaws or holes in his spring. But he certainly looks like someone who can be a piece of the puzzle moving forward, with at least some chance he could break out big.

Could be much better.. MLB "players" with major warts from a system as deep as Texas, as well as $2M is suboptimal at this point. I would accept the idea of one or the other along with a C+/B- grade prospect, but both is just eating up space on the 40 for projects

Archived