vs. TWINS 8/22

OFFNY

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that rules out Gonzo for the 9th. If he has an easy peasy third out here in the bottom of the 7th, they might let him try the 8th. But there's no way they would let Gonzo get 4 outs and then start the 9th. It's going to be Kevin Gregg, isn't it?

Are you ****ting me?

Kevin Gregg?

we need 12 runs. Seriously. Now.

Jimmy Johnson.

I respectfully disagree, Sir. Jimmy Johnson is like the Atlas of our team's bullpen -- he carries the entire world on his back. It makes me feel bad to ask him to go out there and throw his arm out every night. He's our premium fuel, our delectable dessert, our doctor responsible for the health of an entire tribe. He is a resource that we should use, but not exhaust. We need to use him enough to keep him sharp, let him do his thing, but don't expect him to be a limitless fountain of scoreless innings. He's only mortal.

This game, it's time to let some of our other unproven (or less-proven) arms get in there and do some good.

Like Gonzo just did. :)

I respectfully disagree, Sir. Jimmy Johnson is like the Atlas of our team's bullpen -- he carries the entire world on his back. It makes me feel bad to ask him to go out there and throw his arm out every night. He's our premium fuel, our delectable dessert, our doctor responsible for the health of an entire tribe. He is a resource that we should use, but not exhaust. We need to use him enough to keep him sharp, let him do his thing, but don't expect him to be a limitless fountain of scoreless innings. He's only mortal.

This game, it's time to let some of our other unproven (or less-proven) arms get in there and do some good.

Like Gonzo just did. :)

He had a day off yesterday. We can give him a day off tomorrow, and maybe even Wednesday, depending on the circumstance of (Wednesday's) game.

Anyway, I don't think that he'll pitch the 9th. That is who I want to pitch the 9th.

He had a day off yesterday. We can give him a day off tomorrow, and maybe even Wednesday, depending on the circumstance of (Wednesday's) game.

Anyway, I don't think that he'll pitch the 9th. That is who I want to pitch the 9th.

Well, if Gonzo continues to dominate, we won't have to use Jim for the 8th, so he'll technically be "available". I wish Buck could entrust a close game like this to Jim. But in reality, my ideal situation in this game would be to let Jim take the night off, keep him available in case it goes into extra innings, and use someone else besides Kevin Gregg for the 9th.

Well, if Gonzo continues to dominate, we won't have to use Jim for the 8th, so he'll technically be "available". I wish Buck could entrust a close game like this to Jim. But in reality, my ideal situation in this game would be to let Jim take the night off, keep him available in case it goes into extra innings, and use someone else besides Kevin Gregg for the 9th.

Troy Patton for the 9th inning. Save Jimmy Johnson, and tell Gregg to shut and and be happy that he's still getting free meals and sleeping in first-class hotels in St.Paul and Bloomington.

Sure is gonna suck next year when Gonzalez is a solid part of somebody's bullpen. What happens to these guys when they get here? Have we ever seen him throw like this in almost two years? Mid 90s fastball, tight slider?

Archived