vs. TWINS 8/22

OFFNY

Troy Patton for the 9th inning. Save Jimmy Johnson, and tell Gregg to shut and and be happy that he's still getting free meals and sleeping in first-class hotels in St.Paul and Bloomington.

Agreed. That would be a good compromise. Give Patton a chance to get a clean inning as an Oriole (or at least, not give up a 3 run lead). Put him in a position of importance -- win the game for us -- but, unlike usual, don't bring him in with the bases loaded. Bring him in with 0 outs, 0 strikes, 0 balls, and 0 men on base. Clean slate. I'm sure Patton would appreciate it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, guys.

I just came back from the future, about 15 minutes from now.

The game's over. Kevin Gregg gave up a lead-off single, walked a man, gave up an RBI double, walked another, got a pop-out, walked another, then gave up a walk-off home run. I'm so angry right now I can't even express it in words. Oh, and Buck just took Gregg off our roster.

Hi, guys.

I just came back from the future, about 15 minutes from now.

The game's over. Kevin Gregg gave up a lead-off single, walked a man, gave up an RBI double, walked another, got a pop-out, walked another, then gave up a walk-off home run. I'm so angry right now I can't even express it in words. Oh, and Buck just took Gregg off our roster.

This was believable until this part! haha

WIN column!!!! :clap3::2yay-thumb:

In defense of basically 98% of OH who wanted Gregg off the team after his last blowout, I have to say: I think that three-up, three-down inning was as much the fault of an impatient, frustrated, demoralized Twins lineup as it was Kevin's pitching. They didn't even give him a chance to walk them. They were swinging at 1-1 pitches. They didn't make him work. They didn't test the strike zone. They just bopped the ball around a little bit -- kind of like the Orioles would usually do.

I'm serious, I don't think a decent team with any modicum of morale would have let Kevin off the hook that easily. At the very least he'd have two guys on base.

Archived