2011 World Series (Game Two)

OFFNY

It seems like Bud Selig got Buffalo Wild Wings to press the "button". I was looking forward to this being a nice efficient 2 1/2 hour game, but of course, now we're looking like it could be a while until this one is resolved. It would have been a crying shame for Fox not to get all of their World Series ads in.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, it takes an insane amount of balls to send Kinsler there. I know that's "Wash ball" and all that good stuff, but to stick to your guns when trailing in the 9th inning of game 2 of the World Series with the meat of your order coming up is very impressive and courageous.

Fundamental baseball, giving andrus the extra base costs them the lead.

Pujols has to either make sure that he catches that cut-off ball, or just let it go completely. One or the other. He was tentative, and it cost him.

BTW, it takes an insane amount of balls to send Kinsler there. I know that's "Wash ball" and all that good stuff, but to stick to your guns when trailing in the 9th inning of game 2 of the World Series with the meat of your order coming up is very impressive and courageous.

Now had andrus laid down the first pitch for a sacrifice, the rangers could be down 0-2.

Pretty awesome. I love teams that play smartly and aggressively. The Rangers are a fun team to watch.

o

It just hit me. He walked the first batter on 5 pitches, and the next batter didn't even take a single pitch. All of the balls that he bunted at were out of the strike zone.

Oriole fundamentals.

Not just the not taking pitches there, but also the leadoff walk. :laughlol:

o

It just hit me. He walked the first batter on 5 pitches, and the next batter didn't even take a single pitch. All of the balls that he bunted at were out of the strike zone.

Oriole fundamentals.

Feliz struggled with the strike zone tonight. If punto gets that bunt down, he could have been in trouble.

Archived