Dubroff: Orioles want Fielder "badly"

JTrea81

Please give us an example of what could be done this offseason to contend, and don't go over 120M. Even though 120M is not realistic.
Here's an example. We start at 55 M payroll. We don't resign Scott, and we trade Guthrie. We trade AJ+ for Prado, and Vizcaino/Beachy/Minor. We sign Darvish for 60 M posting fee and a 4/40 M contract.We sign Crisp for CF. We sign one of Fielder/Beltran/ARam/ or Poppi for a MOO bat.

Roberts/Prado 2B

Markakis RF

Hardy SS

Fielder/Reynolds 1B

Reynolds/ARam/Prado 3B

Wieters C

Poppi/Davis/Reimold DH

Reimold/Beltran LF

Crisp CF

SP:

Darvish

Guthrie

Britton

Mimor/Vizcaino/Beachy

Arrieta

Hunter

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's an example. We start at 55 M payroll. We don't resign Scott, and we trade Guthrie. We trade AJ+ for Prado, and Vizcaino/Beachy/Minor. We sign Darvish for 60 M posting fee and a 4/40 M contract.We sign Crisp for CF. We sign one of Fielder/Beltran/ARam/ or Poppi for a MOO bat.

Roberts/Prado 2B

Markakis RF

Hardy SS

Fielder/Reynolds 1B

Reynolds/ARam/Prado 3B

Wieters C

Poppi/Davis/Reimold DH

Reimold/Beltran LF

Crisp CF

SP:

Darvish

Guthrie

Britton

Mimor/Vizcvaino/Beachy

Arrieta

Hunter

I like your thinking on most of this, but you have Guthrie in the rotation even though you said he was traded.

Roberts/Prado 2B

Markakis RF

Hardy SS

Fielder/Reynolds 1B

Reynolds/ARam/Prado 3B

Wieters C

Poppi/Davis/Reimold DH

Reimold/Beltran LF

Crisp CF

SP:

Darvish

Guthrie

Britton

Mimor/Vizcaino/Beachy

Arrieta

Hunter

Wow Gordo .... $100MM for 4 years of Darvish ??? Too much risk

Uh, no it wasn't.

I don't think I've laid out my entire offseason plan yet...

Yes you did...I couldn't find the thread that I started but in that thread, you posted a team that would cost 150M.

You have said to sign Wilson and Fielder...that alone would add 43ish million and pushes us towards 120M and you would still have to fill out around 5-10 players.

On top of that, you have also talked about wanting to add a guy like Cuddyer and trading for a pitching like Rodriguez.

Not IMO. He's an exceptional SP. I think a 60 M posting fee would trump every body, and it isn't applied to the ML team payroll.

But you're still shelling out the equivalent of a 4/100 deal. You're making an investment that's assuming he's worth 22 wins, give or take. Over the past four years Halladay, Sabathia, and Lee are the only pitchers who have done that.

That may be what it takes to get him. But that's also quite unlikely to be his value.

But you're still shelling out the equivalent of a 4/100 deal. You're making an investment that's assuming he's worth 22 wins, give or take. Over the past four years Halladay, Sabathia, and Lee are the only pitchers who have done that.

That may be what it takes to get him. But that's also quite unlikely to be his value.

You have to pay to play if you're the O's. We need SP. We would have to pay at least 5/90M for Wilson and I doubt his would be worth as much as Darvish over 4 years.

*Reynolds gets moved to DH to maximize his offensive value.

I know the point you're trying to make (and I agree), but you're actually lowering his offensive value by moving him to DH. You're improving his overall value, though, by maximizing his defensive value.

I want to chime in. I don't know what the payroll would look like. Maybe you guys could fill in the numbers.

Here's my GM plan....

Sign Yoenis Cespedes CF http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/yoenis-cespedes-to-gain-free-agency.html

Trade Jones to SF for a starter (Jonathan Sanchez?)

Sign Aramis to play 3B, move Reynolds to first.

Sign Buerhle.

Sign Aaron Hill, hope he has a Hardy-like year.

Think about trading Reynolds (or Reimold if they value him) for Jurrjens.

I want to chime in. I don't know what the payroll would look like. Maybe you guys could fill in the numbers.

Here's my GM plan....

Sign Yoenis Cespedes CF http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/yoenis-cespedes-to-gain-free-agency.html

Trade Jones to SF for a starter (Jonathan Sanchez?)

Sign Aramis to play 3B, move Reynolds to first.

Sign Buerhle.

Sign Aaron Hill, hope he has a Hardy-like year.

Think about trading Reynolds (or Reimold if they value him) for Jurrjens.

All of it was feasible until you got to trading Reynolds for Jurrjens. I'd also rather trade Jones to Atlanta if you're going to go that route.

Archived