It's Time For the Percolator Part Deux (DD's comments at GM meeting)

BrunoCherrytown

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duq has made it pretty clear he's here to clean up the scouting, international efforts, and player development.

What that means for the major league club in the near-term, I have no clue.

It means, the Sharks eat first, then We come to the table. Other than that, no big names.

We, maybe a reliever...

I wonder if he'll be "batting a thousand" after these meetings end...

And he was just talking about pitching, so we'll see what happens in other areas.

If they don't want Wilson or Buehrle, the trade market is always an option as well...

With who? He wants to hang on to our most valuable trade chips

Dan Duquette On Pitching, Reynolds, Extensions

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 15, 2011 at 8:52pm CST]

The success of the Orioles' offseason hinges, in large part, on their ability to add to the pitching staff. But at the General Manager Meetings in Milwaukee today, newly-appointed GM Dan Duquette suggested he'll let the market develop before obtaining pitching reinforcements.

"Everybody else is chasing it, too," Duquette told MLBTR. "We have to wait for the sharks to feed and then we'll wait to see what's left over."

In other words, it doesn?t appear that the Orioles will sign highly-coveted free agents such as C.J. Wilson and Mark Buehrle. Baltimore begins the offseason with internal rotation candidates such as Jeremy Guthrie, Tommy Hunter, Zach Britton, Brian Matusz, Jake Arrieta, Brad Bergesen, Jo-Jo Reyes.

Duquette also noted that the defensive alignment for Mark Reynolds and Chris Davis remains undetermined, though manager Buck Showalter is leaning toward playing Reynolds at first with Davis at third. Duquette hasn't yet considered extensions for Adam Jones and Matt Wieters, but he wants to keep both players in place, so the topic may come up after December.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish there was a program called "SoundShop" because this is what I think of when I hear "percolatin'"...

Gotta keep 'em percolatin'

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eFwkv14u3b4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

more letting the market percolate.....Will it ever end???

Was wrong with going after the guy they really want instead of waiting....IMO DD has bought into Angelos's crap, More of the same old same old.

Maybe they think Buerhle is a waste of money and years for THIS club. Which I agree with.

No combination of FAs this year is going to get us higher than third place. I want to see long term moves. Spout all the "percolatin'" cliches you want. But this is our best course.

Maybe... right idea, but could be for ALL the wrong reasons. We don't know yet which way Duq is gonna go. But Trea's "buy everyone" plan is not going to happen and would not work anywho.

I think Duquette is being crystal clear about his intentions. In essence this is a MacPhail-like philosophy, with more emphasis on the international market and hopefully better execution when it comes to selecting and developing players. He isn't going on a spending spree - end of story.

I think Duquette is being crystal clear about his intentions. In essence this is a MacPhail-like philosophy, with more emphasis on the international market and hopefully better execution when it comes to selecting and developing players. He isn't going on a spending spree - end of story.

This.

Seems obvious to me already. Even with the FEW quotes we have seen...

Yep............ AM = DD with charisma

Archived