Prince could accept 3 year deal

Osandbohs83

SG'S numbers are right on the money for Fielder. Hopefully Boras agrees. Isn't that really what this is about? The players listen to him and Fielder will sign knowing Boras is usually correct.The MLB Network guys last night said they expect Fielder to go to an American League team and mostly because he will be able to DH once in awhile and still play 1B. Toronto apparently is still holding to 5 years max.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rWAR uses Total Zone for defense which is a huge component of WAR and TZ is much less accurate than UZR.

UZR uses better source data, but you can't say one system is better than another across the board. You really should use an informed consensus of all available metrics.

Of course you're going to say UZR is best because it makes your favored outcome look better.

Yea cause that isn't exactly what Vlad's agent did with the Angels. Oh yea it is also what Victor Martinez did last offseason.

I thought it was humorous that Beltran, after getting offered the 2@$26m deal from the Cards, then offered his services to the Yankees if they would match the deal. Is Boris his agent? lol

Except that isn't what it said.

I don't get what is so difficult for people to understand where the Orioles stand with their pursuit of Fielder.

" the Orioles are wary of being used as "Leverage" against another club such as the National". They've used this excuse to not be in the bidding before I'm certain you were here and can recall it being discussed.

I don't think it's they won't spend 20+ million per season, rather they won't spend that for an 8 year deal.

I still think we are players in the 6-7 year range for 20-25, otherwise we'd bow out...

Duquette knows the market for premium talent as he signed Manny years ago.

" the Orioles are wary of being used as "Leverage" against another club such as the National". They've used this excuse to not be in the bidding before I'm certain you were here and can recall it being discussed.

If you know the other side is just stringing you along why continue the charade?

This is typical Boras. I don't see why the O's need to play his game. Fielder would be nice to sign but he is a luxory not a necessity. I think TEX could use him more and if I were Prince that's where I would want to play. Whether it's 5 years, 7, or a 3 year opt out.

Archived