MLB Network discusses Fielder to Nationals

BilboBaggins

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.masnsports.com/nationals_buzz/2012/01/the-fielder-nationals-impasse---and-what-it-might-really-mean.html

The fact that there's an "impasse" at all means contract negotiations are definitely taking place, which means this is only a matter of time.

Sorry, Trea. Time to face facts at this point. Have to admit, I'm kind of bummed.

I wouldn't be upset about not landing Fielder if I was you.

Granted, you know more about your team than I do, but I don't think you guys are at the point where Prince really makes sense.

I could be wrong though...

http://www.masnsports.com/nationals_buzz/2012/01/the-fielder-nationals-impasse---and-what-it-might-really-mean.html

The fact that there's an "impasse" at all means contract negotiations are definitely taking place, which means this is only a matter of time.

Sorry, Trea. Time to face facts at this point. Have to admit, I'm kind of bummed.

The Orioles aren't out yet. The Red Sox were a Boras destination as well and thought tbey had wrapped up Tex and we saw how that went.

He could wind up in Washington, but he also could wind up in Baltimore.

The Orioles aren't out yet. The Red Sox were a Boras destination as well and thought tbey had wrapped up Tex and we saw how that went.

Oh, yeah....we saw how that went. Tex landed in Baltimore to play for the Orioles, right? A team that loves to spend!

He could...but he won't.

Why? Very simple...He will get paid more or at least as much to go to another team that has a better chance of winning.

Its that simple...you don't seem to get it.

If the Orioles were willing to pay him the 7/175 you think they should, he would be an Oriole already. The bottom line is they aren't willing to do that.

So, the only way Prince is an Oriole is if the other teams won't give him things like opt out clauses, NTC, etc....If Prince values that stuff highly and no one else is willing to do it, then he may settle for the Orioles.

If they are willing to do that, the Orioles basically have no chance.

Or, he could end up in Winnipeg. The Goldeyes have much more of a winning tradition than the O's, and the one-way Penske charge for lugging his stuff is much less for Milwaukee-Winnipeg than Milwaukee-Baltimore.

Not Sure how this reflects on the Indians as mystery team for Fielder rumor from a few pages back, but it looks like Cleveland is considering Pena.

From Paul Hoynse - Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Heard this: #Indians like 1B Carlos Pena and went to ownership to see if they could make a deal work. No word on decision.

https://twitter.com/#!/hoynsie/status/157560219822596097

Not Sure how this reflects on the Indians as mystery team for Fielder rumor from a few pages back, but it looks like Cleveland is considering Pena.

From Paul Hoynse - Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Heard this: #Indians like 1B Carlos Pena and went to ownership to see if they could make a deal work. No word on decision.

https://twitter.com/#!/hoynsie/status/157560219822596097

Could be that Boras has an offer from the Nat's which Cleveland will not match or beat and so they are moving on....

Archived