Darren O'Day

33rdst

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 9/18)

His first game back from the D.L.

Greeted by an opposite-field home run on the first pitch that he threw.

Rebounded to get 2 strikeouts and a groundout, of which an infield single was sandwiched in between.

Got the rust off.

The HR didn't wind up costing us the game.

Hopefully he's ready to pitch in 6-9 of the last 13 games as we make our final push.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

o

(vs. RED SOX, 4/11)

Tonight was an example of a pitcher being very good, even though his overall line was horrible (0.67 Innings Pitched, 3 Hits, 2 Runs.)

O'Day's Strikes-to-Balls ratio was much more indicative of how he actually pitched ........  20 Pitches (15 Strikes, 5 Balls.)

o

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 4/25)

1.67 shutout innings.

All 5 outs came via the groundout. 

19 Pitches )(13 )Strikes, )6 )Balls.)

Entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base with one out, and immediately induced an inning-ending double play.

o

On 4/25/2017 at 9:56 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 4/25)

1.67 shutout innings.

All 5 outs came via the groundout. 

19 Pitches )(13 )Strikes, )6 )Balls.)

Entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base with one out, and immediately induced an inning-ending double play.

o

o

O'Day came back the very next night into an extremely dangerous situation, and came through.

He entered the game with the bases loaded, and no outs. He recorded 3 outs on only 8 pitches, allowing only one run to score to keep the Orioles in the game.

o

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

O'Day was the pivotal pitcher in that win and Alec Asher gets a win and Darren O'Day is charged with a blown save.  A quirk.

The official scorer should have more discretion to dole out the meaningless win to whomever they deem worthy. 

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The official scorer should have more discretion to dole out the meaningless win to whomever they deem worthy. 

It's a meaningless stat anyway, right?   :P

Great job by O'Day last night.    It is kind of crazy that he gets tagged with the blown save in that situation, but whatever.    We all know he had a big role in us winning that game.    

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/28)

Lost in the overall horror of this game, Darren O'Day and Mychal Givens and Darren O'Day actually did what was needed of them in this game ........ although O'Day did get some help from Adam Jones out in centerfield.

Brad Brach was the only culprit of the Oriole bullpen'"Big Guns" (sans the injured Zach Britton) on this night.

o

Archived