Darren O'Day

33rdst

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

When he's been healthy, O'Day has been very good this year.   Since April 13 he has a 1.90 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, 11.8 K/9, 4.4 K/BB.    You really can't complain about that!    We just gotta keep him on the field.    

Exactly. If he can stay healthy and effective, then we could shed his salary and get a good prospect along with trading Brittan (if he proves he is healthy) and Brach.  We could well have the three best relief arms available if the stars align the right way!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

DARREN CHRISTOPHER O'DAY )))))) (vs. MARINERS, 8/15)

1.33 . Innings Pitched

0 )llllll Runs

0 )llllll Hits

0 ) llllllWalks ) (1 Hit Batsman)

3 )llllll Strikeouts

22 )llll Pitches )l(15 )Strikes, ))Balls) 

2017 ERA: lllllllllll 4.30

2017 WHIP: ..l.l.l 1.136 )  50.00 IP (33 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).195  )  (30 for 154)

o

Most games, I watch O'Day and he's the exact same pitcher who dominated from 2012-15.    He's still very stingy with hits (30 in 44 IP), and he's still racking up the strikeouts (11.3 K/9).    But he has days where his command isn't sharp, and on those days, he's more vulnerable than in the past.    

• 5 weeks later...

o

DARREN CHRISTOPHER O'DAY )))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/13)

l.l.l.. Inning Pitched

0 )llllll Runs

0 )llllll Hits

0 ) llllllWalks ) 

2 )llllll Strikeouts

11 )llll Pitches )l(10 )Strikes, ))Balls

2017 ERA: lllllllll.l 3.79

2017 WHIP: ..l.l.l 1.134 )  54.67 IP (62 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).199  )  (38 for 191)

o

• 2 weeks later...

While there weren't too many bright spots towards the end of the year, for me, Darren O'Day's strong finish was one.   In August and September he threw to a 1.14 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, and 11.0 K/9.   His  command seemed very sharp the last couple of months.    Hopefully next year he can avoid any health issues -- I think he can still be a key component to our bullpen.   

• 6 months later...

O’Day mystifies me.    He looks unhittable a lot of the time, his K/9 is really good, but he’s gotten homer-prone the last couple years.   I still think he could have a really good season, but yesterday — ouch!    Very disappointing.   

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

ODay mystifies me. He looks unhittable a lot of the time, his K/9 is really good, but hes gotten homer-prone the last couple years. I still think that he could have a really good season, but yesterday — ouch !!! Very disappointing.   

o

I think that he'll have a good season, too.

o

Archived