Darren O'Day

33rdst

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

That shouldnt be a worry here, this FO isn't moving anybody, in spite of what OPs want.

If that happens, it would be a sports management catastrophe of epic proportions.  That O's, even the O's, can't be THAT stupid.  Right?  RIGHT?!?!?!?!

(The O's:  "Hold our beer.")

1 minute ago, esmd said:

If that happens, it would be a sports management catastrophe of epic proportions.  That O's, even the O's, can't be THAT stupid.  Right?  RIGHT?!?!?!?!

(The O's:  "Hold our beer.")

Looking over the blunder of mistakes that King Peter has made over the years, and sadly yes, they could be that stupid.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Looking over the blunder of mistakes that King Peter has made over the years, and sadly yes, they could be that stupid.

The O’s have traded plenty of guys away in years when they were out of it, and I fully expect them to do so.   What they’ll get in return is another story.   

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

When Peter was the Owner?????

Sure.    In 2000, we traded Will Clark, Mike Bordick, Mike Timlin, BJ Surhoff and Charles Johnson.   In 2001, we traded Mike Tromblay.  In 2003 we traded Sidney Ponson, who was having his best year.  In 2009, we traded George Sherill.   In 2010, we traded Miguel Tejada and Will Ohman.  In 2011, we traded Koji Uehara and Derrek Lee.   All those were July trades; there were a bunch of other guys we traded in August like Greg Zaun, Steve Trachsel, Aubrey Huff and others.   

8 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I'm not advocating we do this at deadline but Bundy is someone we need to think about this winter in a Bedard like return.

I’m fine with shopping Bundy, but by no means do I expect a Bedard-like return.   At the time, Bedard had a career ERA+ of 118, and he was coming off back-to-back seasons of 120 and 146.    And, that winter there was a severe shortage of good pitchers on the FA market.    Bundy has a career ERA+ of 105, 108 this season.   He’s not comparable.   

That said, I don’t mind seeing what’s available for him.   

Damned good outing from O’Day last night.   He came in with the winning run on 3B and only one out and got a key strikeout and then a harmless pop out after an intentional walk to the immortal Ryan Flaherty, then pitched a scoreless 10th inning.    ERA to 2.70.    

So no one was watching but O'day has now had two balks called against him in the last 10 years of his major league career, both in the last two years and both by the same umpire.

Last night the backlash called after the pitch was delivered, after the batter had swung and popped up the ball, and after the ball was caught.

The balk call was a "no stop" ball call and the replay clearly shows O'day came to a complete stop.  This one didn't affect the outcome of the game but its worth monitoring in the future if for nothing else than entertainment.

2 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

So no one was watching but O'day has now had two balks called against him in the last 10 years of his major league career, both in the last two years and both by the same umpire.

Last night the backlash called after the pitch was delivered, after the batter had swung and popped up the ball, and after the ball was caught.

The balk call was a "no stop" ball call and the replay clearly shows O'day came to a complete stop.  This one didn't affect the outcome of the game but its worth monitoring in the future if for nothing else than entertainment.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/06/26/2197060983/1529983378504/asset_2500K.mp4

Pretty sure we can blame the guy yelling Balk!.

Have never understood the need for the balk rule.

The umpiring last night was awful. Squeezing Cashner multiple times in a row. Also initially called a foul tip on a ball in the dirt that was close to impossible to hit. While I thought it was a strike, they want on to overturn it after a conference with no replay. Seemed like a bad overturn even if the result was right. Just made you think they didn't know what they were doing.

Archived