OT: Ryan Braun

soxhotcorner14

Just figured I'd pass this on. I have a buddy who is in the Brewers Organization and during our phone call yesterday Bruan's name got brought up. Here's the story; He was dating this local reporter in Milwaukee that he contracted an STD from (everything from what we discussed leads to herpes)her and he was taking meds for his STD's. So that is what popped up on his screening.

Some of you guys might have seen this floating around.. but it's fact.

That's why I use to tell all my buddies in the clubhouse... Make sure your boil your dates before you get into the sack with them LOL :scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering, due Herpes meds increase athletic performance?

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think so. But from what I understand what he was taking was on the banned list for MLB. Someone more studious on these drugs can probably lay out why it's banned and for what reasons. I just don't know.. I just played baseball :D

Just figured I'd pass this on. I have a buddy who is in the Brewers Organization and during our phone call yesterday Bruan's name got brought up. Here's the story; He was dating this local reporter in Milwaukee that he contracted an STD from (everything from what we discussed leads to herpes)her and he was taking meds for his STD's. So that is what popped up on his screening.

Some of you guys might have seen this floating around.. but it's fact.

That's why I use to tell all my buddies in the clubhouse... Make sure your boil your dates before you get into the sack with them LOL :scratchchinhmm:

If so, it is very unfortunate for him that it showed up the way it did. I mean yeah, the main line of thinking right now is that he cheated when it now seems like he didn't, but the guys personal life stuff is brought to the forefront because of it.

That is just really unfortunate.

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think so. But from what I understand what he was taking was on the banned list for MLB. Someone more studious on these drugs can probably lay out why it's banned and for what reasons. I just don't know.. I just played baseball :D

I thought the positive result was from elevated/synthetic testosterone?

Is there some evidence that any STD drug causes elevated testosterone? That some STD drug contains synthetic hormones? Most (the clap) just require an antibiotic. I find it hard to believe that a herpes-suppression agent would do so - or else positive tests would be a lot less rampant.

I don't know. This doesn't seem like fact to me just yet - and smells a lot more like spin.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7478629/ryan-braun-hearing-alleged-testosterone-use-much-stake-mlb-does-player?eleven=twelve

After the news broke in December that Milwaukee Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun had tested positive for synthetic testosterone, his first public defense was, "It's b-------."

I thought the positive result was from elevated testosterone?

Is there some evidence that any STD drug causes elevated testosterone? Most (the clap) just require an antibiotic. I find it hard to believe that a herpes-suppression agent would do so - or else positive tests would be a lot less rampant.

I don't know. This doesn't seem like fact to me just yet - and smells a lot more like spin.

Note, that I didn't say for a fact is was herpes.. from what I was told, we both just are speculating that it's herpes. He doesn't know for a fact which one it is. But it is fact, that it is an STD.

Note, that I didn't say for a fact is was herpes.. from what I was told, we both just are speculating that it's herpes. He doesn't know for a fact which one it is. But it is fact, that it is an STD.

He may have an STD. That could be fact. But that's just proof that he's having a crappy year.

My point stands - why would an STD drug include a synthetic hormone of any kind?

He may have an STD. That could be fact. But that's just proof that he's having a crappy year.

My point stands - why would an STD drug include a synthetic hormone of any kind?

Not sure, I don't know much about STD drugs :D

But I'll be honest, i'd rather be accused of cheating baseball than walking around with herpes for the rest of my life.

Archived