Rosenthal: O's and A's are teams most interested in Manny Ramirez

ChaosLex

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care one way or the other re: Manny, myself.

That said, if we sign him, it will be an epic miscalculation on Duquette's part, I think, w/r/t the O's fanbase. I would take this as a sign that he hasn't internalized that he's an Oriole now (which is hinted at by his occasional lapses into calling the Orioles "they").

I mean...

"Manny is looking for a second chance," said Orioles' executive vice president Dan Duquette. "I think it is a good story, but that's about all I can say about it right now."

Why is it a good story, exactly?

Why are we even considering this?

We are still considering the composition of this club, and some of the challenges of integrating a player like Manny into our ballclub and market.”

Other teams just get players in free agency to get better. Challenges of what? He is a ballplayer. This is not Selma Alabama. Just don't get him.

Why are we even considering this?

We are still considering the composition of this club, and some of the challenges of integrating a player like Manny into our ballclub and market.”

Other teams just get players in free agency to get better. Challenges of what? He is a ballplayer. This is not Selma Alabama. Just don't get him.

Not sure what you are referring to but I think DD is alluding to Manny's fit in the clubhouse and acceptabilty to fans. I'm guessing there are opposing points of view about these things within the warehouse.

@JimBowdenESPNxm

JIM BOWDEN

DanDuquette just told us at XM 89 that he needs more time to discuss& get discovery on signing Manny Ramirez because of what fan base thinks

Interesting that DD might be listening to the fans. We will see...

Archived