vs. RED SOX 5/04

OFFNY

I just got in. I saw a thread on the main board saying that our defense is playing like total s***, and that he (the OP) hopes we can straighten it out, and that we always seems to "tighten' up" when we play at Fenway.

I was hoping that we weren't down by 4 or 5 runs. I was surprised (and thrilled) that it's a tie game.

Are we playing that badly on defense so far in this game ??? Thanks.

Yes. But it's only hurt us with the 1 run and an elevated pitch count from Chen. I hope they can hit the re-set button and get their heads in the game on defense and play decently from here on out.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got in. I saw a thread on the main board saying that our defense is playing like total s***, and that he (the OP) hopes we can straighten it out, and that we always seems to "tighten' up" when we play at Fenway.

I was hoping that we weren't down by 4 or 5 runs. I was surprised (and thrilled) that it's a tie game.

Are we playing that badly on defense so far in this game ??? Thanks.

The first two innings were both laughers in terms of defense. It's a miracle that only one run crossed the plate. That miracle's name is Wei-yin Chen.

The defense is bad, but it won't remain bad the entire game, I don't think. We had to break the ice with a run. Hopefully they'll relax out there and stop rushing the throws.

That's certainly what it looked like to me.

Reynolds started grinning to himself while rounding second base and then without breaking stride at all just ran down the dugout stairs and straight into the clubhouse. It was a joke--Buck got it, he chuckled. Joking like that must be some type of anxiety-reducer, maybe that's what Mark does instead of throwing sunflower seeds at himself. Sort of reminds me of Pie.

It would be cool if, however unlikely, the O's keep winning and the team could have B-Rob and Tejada on a winning team, finally. That would just be so weird. At that point, you'd almost want to bring back Mora for the hell of it.

It would be cool for Brian. Tejada had his shot in Oakland.

Archived