Sun:Grimsley names 3 O's in banned drug case

TWpj

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats why investigations are held. It's not like these players took roids and are the only ones that knew about it.

I see where you're coming from and I agree to a certain extent. However, if you get 10 people on the stand saying 1 guy did something, who are you going to believe?

Like I said before, paper trails, trainers, teammates...there's more than one way to skin a cat on this.

It will be a he said/she said thing, but there are ways to fight those battles as well.

It's going to be an interesting offseason outside of the Soriano sweepstakes...

After this year?

I pointed it out before...Grimsley said Segui and Segui came out and said it was true.

Grimsley is 1 for 1. So he can't be totally wrong on this by default.

Oh I am not doubting that. I am saying I don't thinK Grimsley said these names. I think it is more of the Fed saying he did.

Not trying to call you out, but this is exactly why this isn't that big a deal...it's all posturing.

I'd be willing to put a substantial wager that there will be far more players on that field tomorrow with steroids in their system than on any baseball roster.

That's probably only because there will be at least 3 times as many people on the field than there are on a 25 man baseball roster.

Thats why investigations are held. It's not like these players took roids and are the only ones that knew about it.

I see where you're coming from and I agree to a certain extent. However, if you get 10 people on the stand saying 1 guy did something, who are you going to believe?

Like I said before, paper trails, trainers, teammates...there's more than one way to skin a cat on this.

It will be a he said/she said thing, but there are ways to fight those battles as well.

Nobody is more obvious than Bonds. He has the longest paper trail and the most people pointing fingers. Why do I think he's not going to jail?

I agree with you too - I guess I'm just trying to point out that it's going to be a difficult situation for everyone because it's not completely black and white. And I also think that a significant number of baseball fans are going to be swayed by a hyperactive media, who are probably going to portray this situation as something more than it should be. And I think that is unfortunate. Even if these guys get off without any real convictions/charges and if they didn't really do anything, the media attention alone could really hurt their careers.

Oh I am not doubting that. I am saying I don't thinK Grimsley said these names. I think it is more of the Fed saying he did.

Must I bring this up again (albeit lawyer-speak)?

Comment from Grimsley's lawyer...

Edward Novak, Grimsley's lawyer, did not return calls. Previously, Novak publicly disputed the claims that investigators made in the affidavit, saying that his client did not volunteer the names of any teammates. He said federal agents asked Grimsley to wear a recording device to gather evidence against San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds, but Grimsley refused.

Archived