Sun:Grimsley names 3 O's in banned drug case

TWpj

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is all confusing to me, so I'm asking it honestly:

What reason would Grimsley have to lie?

He doesn't have a reason.

My gut told me Jose was telling the truth. And I believe Grimsley is too.

My gut tells me that most players have "juiced" at some level.

There are Millions $$$$ of reasons for these guys to get an edge any way they can.

If I was in their shoes, I might do it as well. I don't know.

That said- I do want any and all cheaters to be exposed and for the game to be cleaned up.

The guy was in the league for 16 years, he didnt just randomly pick Clemens, Pettitte, Gibbons, Tejada, and Roberts. If he was lying, he could've said a lot more names. As much as this sucks, it's impossible to dismiss this as "lies".

The guy was in the league for 16 years, he didnt just randomly pick Clemens, Pettitte, Gibbons, Tejada, and Roberts. If he was lying, he could've said a lot more names. As much as this sucks, it's impossible to dismiss this as "lies".

16 yrs and those are the names he brings up, surely there must have been more names and bigger names.

Didn't he also say that amphetamines were widespread, with the clubhouse coffee being labeled "leaded" and "unleaded."

I know its not sexy but while we're at it, may as well take on amphetamines. One could argue they are PED's since they give you the pep to get through the dog days of summer.

I was waiting for someone to bring up the Palmeiro angle here. Certainly his story looks a little better right now about thinking he was taking B-12. I think he was on steroids and I think he knew exactly what he was taking. I also believe this story as well. I know this is an Orioles board but just think about the impact of Clemens' name being mentioned here.

I was waiting for someone to bring up the Palmeiro angle here. Certainly his story looks a little better right now about thinking he was taking B-12. I think he was on steroids and I think he knew exactly what he was taking. I also believe this story as well. I know this is an Orioles board but just think about the impact of Clemens' name being mentioned here.

We'll see if the media pursues this Clemens angle 1/10th as vigorously as they did w/Bonds.

I'm guessing that they won't....

16 yrs and those are the names he brings up, surely there must have been more names and bigger names.

Didn't he also say that amphetamines were widespread, with the clubhouse coffee being labeled "leaded" and "unleaded."

I know its not sexy but while we're at it, may as well take on amphetamines. One could argue they are PED's since they give you the pep to get through the dog days of summer.

There are other names. Read my post above or read the affidavit. He named "several others" but the affiant left those out. If I had to guess, the names stated are the ones in which Grimsely went into some amount of detail while the names left off were mentioned in passing.

We'll see if the media pursues this Clemens angle 1/10th as vigorously as they did w/Bonds.

I'm guessing that they won't....

Now that is a great point. Makes the CLemens suspension theory from earlier in the year a bit more interesting.

This is a union you are dealing with you just can't go out and say I want this, this, this and this, it doesn't work that way. Selig and anybody else who would be the commissioner are in the same boat. The NFL didn't add steroid testing until it became a problem not before. Bud Selig can't do a damn thing unless it is agreed to in negotiations. I not saying you are completely wrong in your thoughts but the real world doesn't work this way.

Eddie,

To the best of my knowledge Bud never formally (on the record) asked. Selig could and should have turned this into a political issue, stating that steroids were rampant in baseball and he was morally obligated to clean it up. That is what a person of character such as Vincent or Ueberoff (sp) would have done. Same deal with Fehr and the union. He got the deal done with the minors, he should have with the majors. Maybe the union doesn't give in but at least he tried to do what was right.

I was waiting for someone to bring up the Palmiero angle here. Certainly his story looks a little better right now about thinking he was taking B-12. I think he was on steroids and I think he knew exactly what he was taking. I also believe this story as well. I know this is an Orioles board but just think about the impact of Clemens' name being mentioned here.

The Orioles are in first place....Raffy is resurgent.

Tejada is a power hitter.

Brian is leading the league in average with more home runs than he has hit in his career.

Bedard is lights out.

Grimsley is on pace to be back from Tommy John in record time.

Raffy gets tested.....

You all know the rest.

Clemens is the big name here of course, but if this were another team...lets say the Yankees with there 'roiders Giambi, Arod and Sheffield...(and before you say "Not Arod" he was Cal's friend....so was Brady) we'd be slamming them. Let's face it baseball took on a robocop meets roller-ball steroid and performance enhancing roller coaster. We all loved the Summer of Mark and Sammy.....this is the price. It's very sad. But this too shall pass. The Strikes were awful, the cocaine wrecks were worse. It's is the times we live in.

Archived