Sun:Grimsley names 3 O's in banned drug case

TWpj

well you should since he admitted it once grimsely got arrested

Why should that make me care? Yeah, I thought something had already came out about that, but since I didn't really care, I forgot about it. Unless you're saying that should make me care because it gives credibility to Grimsley? In that case, I guess I agree.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me, just Grimsley pointing fingers isn't enough. The whole steroid investigation in itself has been so ****ed up that nothing short of positive tests are going to work. Hell, Grimsley is already saying he was misquoted.

And anyway, one person pointing fingers isn't enough to convict. You need more actual evidence. If I say you have drugs in your house, and they don't find any, then they can't do anything to you.

Totally disagree. Positive tests won't work because the 'roids/HGH out there are designed to be undetected by current tests. When will people understand that the positive test argument does not hold any weight anymore? Sure, it's nice to have because it makes the process quick and easy...but they can't be relied on these days.

It starts with Grimsley and Canseco pointing fingers and investigations are held. There are paper trails, trainers, friends that know the truth. Positive tests are not the only way to go about this.

The science isn't really in on any of this stuff. Yes the old crude versions of steroids were very harmful and were outlawed. But these state of the art drugs the players are using now, haven't been adequately studied or tested. In the case of HGH in particular there are many experts who believe it may hold a lot of therapeutic value.The jury is still out. As with the case of all drugs there is a political component. Marijuana is a prime example. It illegal but many who have used it find it to be less harmful than Alcohol. It may be that the players are better informed about the real dangers of these drugs than the general public is and see using them as, while officially illegal, no more harmful in reality than using pot.

Totally disagree. Positive tests won't work because the 'roids/HGH out there are designed to be undetected by current tests. When will people understand that the positive test argument does not hold any weight anymore? Sure, it's nice to have because it makes the process quick and easy...but they can't be relied on these days.

It starts with Grimsley and Canseco pointing fingers and investigations are held. There are paper trails, trainers, friends that know the truth. Positive tests are not the only way to go about this.

Okay. That makes sense. But then, what exactly does it take to convict? How many pointed fingers do you need? How credible do these people have to be? How much paper do you have to leave behind?

I think this is where it just starts to get really grey. People are sometimes so quick to assume something because the media is so quick to assign giult and everyone is so heavily influenced by the media (weather they like to admit it or not). It's too bad that there isn't a clear-cut way of determining if these players are using drugs or not. It could cost them their career (assuming their clean).

Okay. That makes sense. But then, what exactly does it take to convict? How many pointed fingers do you need? How credible do these people have to be? How much paper do you have to leave behind?

I think this is where it just starts to get really grey. People are sometimes so quick to assume something because the media is so quick to assign giult and everyone is so heavily influenced by the media (weather they like to admit it or not). It's too bad that there isn't a clear-cut way of determining if these players are using drugs or not. It could cost them their career (assuming their clean).

They need to be put on the stand this offseason and questioned. It's the offseason, they can't hide behind their schedule.

They need to be put on the stand this offseason and questioned. It's the offseason, they can't hide behind their schedule.

Perhaps - but again, that's not a really clear-cut way of determining what happened. I can see how this could easily turn into a "he said/she said" type thing.

I read this and it truely makes it seem like we've won 20 games this year. Its like gun to the head :(

but hey atleast I get to go watch the Ravens stomp the crap out of the Chargers tommorrow!!!!!

Not trying to call you out, but this is exactly why this isn't that big a deal...it's all posturing.

I'd be willing to put a substantial wager that there will be far more players on that field tomorrow with steroids in their system than on any baseball roster. But we ignore it because it is entertaining.

Just like we ignored the obvious when Sosa, McGwire and Bonds were crushing the ball. Just like we are trying to ignore that players we have a vested interest in aren't on steroids.

Perhaps - but again, that's not a really clear-cut way of determining what happened. I can see how this could easily turn into a "he said/she said" type thing.

They get on the stand and lie, their ass is going to jail. They need to be made aware of whats at stake and they're under oath.

Sounds like hardball and maybe it is, but its whatever. They need to be made examples out of.

They get on the stand and lie, their ass is going to jail. They need to be made aware of whats at stake and they're under oath.

Sounds like hardball and maybe it is, but its whatever. They need to be made examples out of.

If they get on the stand and lie, and no one can prove that they lied, they are definately not going to jail.

If they get on the stand and lie, and no one can prove that they lied, they are definately not going to jail.

Thats why investigations are held. It's not like these players took roids and are the only ones that knew about it.

I see where you're coming from and I agree to a certain extent. However, if you get 10 people on the stand saying 1 guy did something, who are you going to believe?

Like I said before, paper trails, trainers, teammates...there's more than one way to skin a cat on this.

It will be a he said/she said thing, but there are ways to fight those battles as well.

It's going to be an interesting offseason outside of the Soriano sweepstakes...

Archived