vs. D-RAYS 6/03

OFFNY

Ballgame right there. He'd have been better off walking in the go ahead run than giving up a double. Chrissake.

Better things to do with my Sunday afternoon than watch this travesty. Oh Arrieta, how far you've fallen. :ohlord:

We have Eveland coming in.

I think we still have a chance if he gets the 3rd out of the inning here without giving up any more runs.

The offense has shown some life today.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no doubt that they're considering Tillman. They like where he's at right now (and like him far more than OH does).

I like him. I would like to see another couple solid starts in a row first tho. And maybe a set of blinders so he won't know when guys are on base.

Arrieta is nearing the point where he has no business in our rotation. And, yes, I get that we don't have many other options.

For once I completely agree with you. But what do we do? Seems like a really tough situation with Hunter and Arrieta faltering for sure, and questionmarks over whether Hammel will stay healthy and i dunno what's up with Chen.

I don't think Arrieta's going to learn anything down there but he probably can't stay here. It's probably time for S. Johnson to get a shot if he can make a couple more good starts in Norfolk once he gets off the DL.

Trade Arrieta, and to take his place in the rotation have either:

Eveland, Hunter, Britton (when he returns), Tillman, Bergesen, Steve Johnson, or Miguel Rodriguez start in his place. Or just as a wild guess, maybe even JJ could still become a starter. Just tired of seeing Arrieta.

Where has he fallen from? He's never been that good.

He's pitched much better than his ERA this year (peripherals-wise) but he just falls apart. No one can be blamed for it but him.

He won a lot of games last year, but I do recall that he had quite good run support also. I guess I always thought of him favorably due to his W-L line but when I look at the stats, a lot of that is due to good run support. You're right, he does tend to fall apart a lot.

Archived