NL EAST - Not the Best Division, not even close

brianod

I think we can put that talk away after this weekend...

You have been listening to those Nationals folks haven't you :) I still think the Phillies will win that division. The Mets and Nats won't have the stamina. And With Beachy down, Atlanta will have issues as well. Not the strongest division for sure.

You have been listening to those Nationals folks haven't you :) I still think the Phillies will win that division. The Mets and Nats won't have the stamina. And With Beachy down, Atlanta will have issues as well. Not the strongest division for sure.

If anyone besides the Marlins wins that division, I won't be surprised. I think the Phils might be done though. If they can get Utley, Howard and Halladay back soon.....and those guys hit the ground running, they have a shot. I just don't think it's likely.

I live in Manassas so I get Washington talk radio. I also have a lot of friends that are Braves fans. They had an arguable point but this weekend is an embarrassment for that argument.

The NL East is tough for the teams in the NL East - it's competitive among a few teams. But it's no AL East.

The O's are 6-3 against the NL East so far this season. (Either way, 9-12 games against anyone is a significantly SSS)

That's what you get for watching ESPN. ;)

Yes. And also, if you're reading their standings ........ they had us tied with Tampa Bay in the wildcard standings earlier today, even though we're 2 full games ahead of them.

Yes. And also, if you're reading their standings ........ they had us tied with Tampa Bay in the wildcard standings earlier today, even though we're 2 full games ahead of them.

There's two wildcards this year - so the Games Behind is calculated from the 2nd place team.

Not to defend ESPN, but I think what you saw was Bal and Tampa at no games back (-) and then everyone else. As of today, they would both be wildcards. It appears that they don differentiate the number of games back between the first and second wc.

Not to defend ESPN, but I think what you saw was Bal and Tampa at no games back (-) and then everyone else. As of today, they would both be wildcards. It appears that they don't differentiate the number of games back between the first and second wc.

Oh, OK. Thanks, Backwards. :) My bad.

I guess I was emotionally biased in light of the fact that they completely deleted us from the standings last week. We didn't even exist.

I live in Manassas so I get Washington talk radio. I also have a lot of friends that are Braves fans. They had an arguable point but this weekend is an embarrassment for that argument.

Yeah. I think Buck was even stylin' for the cameras today! Matching up in the 8th and still having JJ to bring in in the 9th. Drop the hammer. Was important and effective to win a big series in interleague... but also was a shot across the bow of the rest of the AL East. We can finish games too! Let's play!

Archived