This team won't finish above .500 and they should be sellers!

zero1

Too early to call them sellers just yet, but they are certainly heading that direction with each passing game. The only problem is who in the world would pay anything of value to get the guys that would be available? They have 6 or 7 quality players and then complete scrubs after that.

Ha ha man the truth hurts sometimes. Jones just signed a huge extension, Roberts and Markakis both have contracts that they are not living up too and other than a few quality bullpen arms and Hammel, we really have nothing worth trading for.

Maybe if Betemit keeps hitting well someone will trade for him and we can pick up a decent prospect for his bat.

Quite honestly though, I think Duquette has made the decision to go "all-in" this year which quite frankly, is looking like a terrible decision right now. Although to be fair, pretty much everyone was fooled by the Orioles hot start when we looked like world beaters.

Reality has set in and anyone who is paying attention realizes that these holes aren't going away, if anything, they will just continue to be exposed more and more as teams make adjustments the second and third times around. Adjustments that we simply don't have the quality or the organizational depth to make ourselves.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we stop calling him "King"? He's not our player and not exactly the CY pitcher he was when he won it. Stop being impressed with who he used to be. I certainly wouldn't trade for him like some have advocated here. It was a bad loss tonight, but let's not start becoming sellers because our mgr forgot we have one of the best BPs around and when to bring one of them in a high leverage situation that matched up well with the opposing team.

If you think tonight is the only reason we should become sellers you aren't paying attention. Buck's brainfart is pretty low on the list of why this team should become sellers. Not having anyone of quality 3-5 in the rotation and 7-9 in the lineup and a horrible defense are towards the top.

Ha ha man the truth hurts sometimes. Jones just signed a huge extension' date=' Roberts and Markakis both have contracts that they are not living up too and other than a few quality bullpen arms and Hammel, we really have nothing worth trading for.

Maybe if Betemit keeps hitting well someone will trade for him and we can pick up a decent prospect for his bat.

Quite honestly though, I think Duquette has made the decision to go "all-in" this year which quite frankly, is looking like a terrible decision right now. Although to be fair, pretty much everyone was fooled by the Orioles hot start when we looked like world beaters.

Reality has set in and anyone who is paying attention realizes that these holes aren't going away, if anything, they will just continue to be exposed more and more as teams make adjustments the second and third times around. Adjustments that we simply don't have the quality or the organizational depth to make ourselves.[/quote']

I think this is possible. Not "probable". At least not yet. Too early to tell I think.

But much of this team isn't "young" anymore. They're pretty much right in their prime. This is about as good as they're going to get. Scary thought.

Ha ha man the truth hurts sometimes. Jones just signed a huge extension' date=' Roberts and Markakis both have contracts that they are not living up too and other than a few quality bullpen arms and Hammel, we really have nothing worth trading for.

[b']Reality has set in and anyone who is paying attention realizes that these holes aren't going away, if anything, they will just continue to be exposed more and more as teams make adjustments the second and third times around. Adjustments that we simply don't have the quality or the organizational depth to make ourselves.[/b]

busey_clapping.gif

More clap clap clap here

How many Game are you really gonna win sending players like this out there?

R Andino

W Betemit

M Reynolds

S Pearce

R Flaherty

N Johnson

Any winning team Half the guys on this list wouldn't be in Majors.

If you think tonight is the only reason we should become sellers you aren't paying attention. Buck's brainfart is pretty low on the list of why this team should become sellers. Not having anyone of quality 3-5 in the rotation and 7-9 in the lineup and a horrible defense are towards the top.

I said let's NOT become sellers. We are in a funk right now, but if you check the standings we are second to the Angels in the WC. According to you we pack it in right now and forget about the new play-in game because we have holes. So do the Yankees right now. They are down two starters and the guy they brought up to take one of those spots got shelled by the WSox.

We muddle through right now and see what we have with Tillman this week and maybe Britton soon. Maybe Johnson and Gonzalez help out of the pen. Maybe none of it works. We still haven't tried Lew Ford. All is not lost.

How many Game are you really gonna win sending players like this out there?

R Andino

W Betemit

M Reynolds

S Pearce

R Flaherty

N Johnson

Any winning team Half the guys on this list wouldn't be in Majors.

Were Johnson and Flaherty out there again tonight? Man those guys are sneaky. One's even on the DL and probably done for the season.

Reality has set in and anyone who is paying attention realizes that these holes aren't going away, if anything, they will just continue to be exposed more and more as teams make adjustments the second and third times around. Adjustments that we simply don't have the quality or the organizational depth to make ourselves.[/quote']

Quite honestly I think the notion that Duquette is going "all in" belongs in a script written by Lewis Carroll. Which quite frankly would be a lot more entertaining than another inductive spew about the Orioles imminent demise. But to tie all this in with the permanence of holes in phenomenological metaphysics? Your confidence there is an inspiration.

Quite honestly I think the notion that Duquette is going "all in" belongs in a script written by Lewis Carroll. Which quite frankly would be a lot more entertaining than another inductive spew about the Orioles imminent demise. But to tie all this in with the permanence of holes in phenomenological metaphysics? Your confidence there is an inspiration.

What would you call trading for a one year rental in Jim Thome in the middle of a nearly team-wide slump? Do you think that is a move by a team playing for the future or a move to try and immediately spark a team that is hovering right around a wildcard spot despite playing some really poor baseball for the last few weeks?

You are correct that the repeated posts about the Orioles demise on this board are surely getting old. But do you know what else is getting old? Watching the Orioles boot the ball all over the field on a nightly basis and struggle to make contact with that baseball at the plate night in and night out. What's getting even older than that you say? The Orioles fans who ignore reality, who think this team is on the cusp of a wildcard spot or even a .500 record and who say that anyone who points out the problems with this team is in need of a "talking too". I've noticed a trend on this board that if you disagree with someone, it's best to throw in a snarky little reply or a subtle little insult to try and solidify your argument because hey, if the other person was so smart, wouldn't they just agree with you?

I'm sure you think your post is oh so clever, if I had the time, patience or interest I'd reply in kind and then oh what a thread we'd have!

It's not my job to convince you that my post or my opinion is correct. It's a baseball message board, there is rarely a correct answer when dealing with hypothetical situations, predictions for the future and attempted analysis of past performances.

All I will say is that I think Duquette is going "all in" by trading for Thome and sending down guys like Hunter and Matusz for AAA calls-ups. Honestly, if we aren't trying to win and win now, Matusz should still be here and Thome should still be in Philly. If you disagree, I'd sure love to know why. Or you can continue to blow smoke.

O's still in 2nd place but now just 1/2 game from 4th place and 2 1/2 from the basement and the way they are playing it won't be long. Time to sell.

The basement of the A.L. East isn't such a horrible place this year. I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the fact that we are in 2nd place, or the fact that we could be in last place in a matter of days, especially with half the season still to be played. The team is in a horrible slump right now, and they need to win at least 3 of the next 6 games before the All-Star break to get out of it.

Archived