This team won't finish above .500 and they should be sellers!

zero1

This team is showing more and more wholes.. 2nd base being one of them, we definitely should not trade schoop under any circumstance.

Good point. Roberts is not looking like a leadoff hitter thats for sure.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, now the run differential is -12. Maybe people will start to realize why run differential is a horrible stat to use now.

You're big into generalizations, aren't you? I don't think we should ever again use batting average since it once said Darin Erstad was a .350 hitter. That couldn't be right. And don't get me started on ERA... You're telling me Pedro Strop is better than Cliff Lee? If a stat can't be used to describe every possible situation accurately I don't want to see it.

You're big into generalizations, aren't you? I don't think we should ever again use batting average since it once said Darin Erstad was a .350 hitter. That couldn't be right. And don't get me started on ERA... You're telling me Pedro Strop is better than Cliff Lee? If a stat can't be used to describe every possible situation accurately I don't want to see it.

No, I didn't say that all stats are horrible. Run differential is horrible because in a span of 3 games a team can go from a positive run differential to a -17 run differential regardless of how late in the season it is.

No, I didn't say that all stats are horrible. Run differential is horrible because in a span of 3 games a team can go from a positive run differential to a -17 run differential regardless of how late in the season it is.

And a 801-800 run differential is essentially the same as a 784-801 run differential. This is a rule of thumb, it's not a law of physics.

Too early to call them sellers just yet, but they are certainly heading that direction with each passing game. The only problem is who in the world would pay anything of value to get the guys that would be available? They have 6 or 7 quality players and then complete scrubs after that.

I'll go with 46-39, we'll right this ship starting tomorrow night.

It's possible. So is the OP. Not sure that either outcome would surprise me much at all.

Really bad loss tonight considering how bad we needed a win and the fact that we've got King Felix tomorrow night.

I said this before the season, that if the guys making the decisions did not think the core of this team could win by 2014 at the latest, anything not nailed down should be up for sale to the highest bidder.

I have no idea if this team is going to collapse but if tonight's team was the "real" Orioles, this could be 1998-99 all over again.

Can we stop calling him "King"? He's not our player and not exactly the CY pitcher he was when he won it. Stop being impressed with who he used to be. I certainly wouldn't trade for him like some have advocated here. It was a bad loss tonight, but let's not start becoming sellers because our mgr forgot we have one of the best BPs around and when to bring one of them in a high leverage situation that matched up well with the opposing team.

Archived