This team won't finish above .500 and they should be sellers!

zero1

Honestly? Lets say the O's pick up Johnson (2 wins) and Headley (1 win) {over remainder of the season}. I don't think that would be enough. Maybe if they had started the season with them.

That would be a start. I would also suggest jettisoning Reynolds, Davis and Flaherty, and trying something else. Maybe Ford and McLouth from Norfolk, maybe a less flashy trade for another hitter.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Certainly not. As with any of our other pitchers, a bad outing is an absolutely unacceptable, dastardly, morally reprehensible, downright heteroclitic thing. It is and should be met with outrage and apoplexy as a bad outing represents a flagrant attempt to sabotage our otherwise rock-solid bid for a playoff spot.

Hahahaha great post... this is the game that will drive the nail into the Orioles playoff hopes!!!

They've been playing over their heads for about four months now. It's just not sustainable.

That would be a start. I would also suggest jettisoning Reynolds, Davis and Flaherty, and trying something else. Maybe Ford and McLouth from Norfolk, maybe a less flashy trade for another hitter.

If adding Johnson and Headley only constitutes a "start" toward your playoff push you might not be a viable contender.

Pretty reactionary, IMO. Our starters just reeled off some impressive starts before tonight. If Gonzalez still had us in this game, this thread wouldn't be here.

The goal should be .500. That'd be a large jump on last years win total and we'd be in a good spot to add some pieces to get us closer to 90 wins and a wild card next year.

We shouldn't be buyers, we shouldn't be sellers. We should just look to make smart moves to help the long term future of this club. Being a winner and sustaining that level of success is the ultimate goal and every move should be made with that in mind.

Great, this game was actually on here in Texas. I was looking forward to it all day and it was over before the O's even batted. I think we're in no man's land. Not good enough to "go for it" not bad enough to sell. That might be the worst spot this team could be in.

I think it's more about the fact that this team looks to be sinking pretty rapidly, and at this point bad outings, regardless of what makes them such, all start to bleed together; that's all you start to notice.

I noticed the five game win streak that ended Monday.

I feel like for the past 3 weeks, I've seen about 500, "Buy," threads and 505, "Sell," threads. I guess it's time to sell until Saturday when it's time to buy after a 2 game winning streak and then sell on Sunday after a frustrating loss.

Me too, Floater. Fortunately, Dan Duquette is in charge, and we aren't. ;)

Pretty reactionary, IMO. Our starters just reeled off some impressive starts before tonight. If Gonzalez still had us in this game, this thread wouldn't be here.

The goal should be .500. That'd be a large jump on last years win total and we'd be in a good spot to add some pieces to get us closer to 90 wins and a wild card next year.

We shouldn't be buyers, we shouldn't be sellers. We should just look to make smart moves to help the long term future of this club. Being a winner and sustaining that level of success is the ultimate goal and every move should be made with that in mind.

If Milligan says it's reactionary, then it's reactionary. :eek::)

We shouldn't be buyers, we shouldn't be sellers. We should just look to make smart moves to help the long-term future of this club. Being a winner and sustaining that level of success is the ultimate goal, and every move should be made with that in mind.

I think that this is an excellent analysis.

I think it's more about the fact that this team looks to be sinking pretty rapidly, and at this point bad outings, regardless of what makes them such, all start to bleed together; that's all you start to notice.

Yeah, those five game winning streaks will make it look that way. :rolleyes:

Do you think Tillman,Gonzalez,Hunter and Britton can hold up for the next 65 games? Plus this at this line up it is god awful.

What I think is irrelevant to the fact that this thread was created purely out of a reaction to one bad game and any attempts to dress it up as something else are embarrassingly transparent.

That doesn't mean it's not true, but if you'd started this thread before tonight's game started you'd have been laughed at. Which may also have been reactionary, but of course that's a hypothetical situation because we all know you wouldn't have started this thread at 5 pm today.

If adding Johnson and Headley only constitutes a "start" toward your playoff push you might not be a viable contender.

Sounds like a "redneck" joke. ;)

The team played good baseball for two months, they may not make it to meaningful September baseball, much less snag a playoff spot. But crazy things happen in this game. You never know.

Sounds like something SG would have said, but with humility ;)

The team played good baseball for two months, they may not make it to meaningful September baseball, much less snag a playoff spot. But crazy things happen in this game. You never know.

They played good ball for two months in '10 and '11 as well it was just at the end of the season. Didn't make either of those teams playoff contenders.

It bothers me that the team isn't good enough, with the issues the Rays, Jays and Sox have had it would be a great season to make a real push.

We're probably going to take sweep in this rays series, and we don't want to be playing the A's right now. I can see them taking 2 of 3 if not a sweep. Then we have the Yanks.. Come next Thurs. We could very well be pretty well out of wild card contention. That gives me all the more reason to sell at this point. We have some decent prospects and hopefully they will be ready to contribute at some point next year and i I think 2014 will be our year to try for that World Series again.

Archived