This team won't finish above .500 and they should be sellers!

zero1

Well' date=' considering we will lose to Felix Hernandez tonight, our real focus should be to avoid getting swept by the freaking Mariners ![/quote']

What should the Orioles' "real focus" be now ???

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to win every game when Hammel or Chen is on the mound because the odds are way against us on the other three days.

The person whom you are speaking for will not accept mediocrity. He's given us all plenty of his rah rah speeches on the subject ....... even though he conceded last night's game before a pitch was thrown. Mediocrity is not acceptable, but trying to win 2 out of every 5 games and bowing to "King" Felix Hernandez and handing him the game is the plan that the 2 of you have in mind, huh ???

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone still disagree?

What exactly would we have to sell? The best move right now is to not move unless someone totally blows us away with an offer or they're really desperate to sell one of their parts. Otherwise just stay the course. Sink or swim. Dance with the one that brought you.

What exactly would we have to sell? The best move right now is to not move unless someone totally blows us away with an offer or they're really desperate to sell one of their parts. Otherwise just stay the course. Sink or swim. Dance with the one that brought you.

It's a sellers market and the O's need to take advantage of that. They can drop below .500 with the players on this team that won't be around in 2014 and beyond or they can trade those players for future assets that may help in 2014 and beyond while dropping below .500.

It's a sellers market and the O's need to take advantage of that. They can drop below .500 with the players on this team that won't be around in 2014 and beyond or they can trade those players for future assets that may help in 2014 and beyond while dropping below .500.

What kind of future assets do you think we can get with the crap we have though? I agree about selling but if we sell I don't see us getting any B+ or above type prospect.

What kind of future assets do you think we can get with the crap we have though? I agree about selling but if we sell I don't see us getting any B+ or above type prospect.

A prospect that is rated as a B or even C type prospect with some potential to blossom has a better chance of helping in 2014 and beyond than Reynolds, Betemit, etc. Johnson could net a B+ or higher, maybe pairing a reliever with a hitter can help get a B or B+ type prospect as well. Either way, I'd rather let Avery/Hoes, Davis, Flaherty, etc. play everyday at the positions they are best at than to see guys with no future on the team playing everyday.

Archived