Tillman

whynot38

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah...Wieters can sometimes take the establishing the FB thing a bit too far. You're right to cite that Morneau AB--way too predictable with the FBs on the outside corner. Threw four straight out there.

This team is frustrating, to say the least. I thought I was frustrated after Wieters grounded into that DP on a 2-0 pitch, but I didn't know what was coming to me...

Maybe the fact Tillman couldn't throw a curveball without bouncing it or that his change was basically a batting practice fastball contributed to that some?

I'm not saying he would have pitched particularly well. All Roy was saying is that if Reynolds makes that play its still a game, which is entirely true. I didn't blame the 40+ pitches on Reynolds, and neither did Roy, please don't put words into our mouths.

Edit: forgot to quote Hank Scorpio in this post.

Fine.

Roy's post seemed to me to be deflecting the blame from where it belonged: squarely on Chris Tillman's shoulders.

Tillman COULD have been out of the inning with a good play by Reynolds.

But he was leaving the ball up and the Twins were smacking it. If it didn't happen in the 1st, it probably would have happened in the next few innings.

Maybe the fact Tillman couldn't throw a curveball without bouncing it or that his change was basically a batting practice fastball contributed to that some?

You serious? Were you even watching? Actually most of his curves were high, I don't think he even bounced one. Most were pretty close to being strikes, but a bit high.

His change was hit once, and that was the bouncer to Reynolds. He got two swings and misses on it.

People who are writing off Tillman right now are making a mistake. This thread has potential to reach all-time levels of sensationalism.

You serious? Were you even watching? Actually most of his curves were high, I don't think he even bounced one. Most were pretty close to being strikes, but a bit high.

His change was hit once, and that was the bouncer to Reynolds. He got two swings and misses on it.

People who are writing off Tillman right now are making a mistake. This thread has potential to reach all-time levels of sensationalism.

Yeah. This pretty much. He wasn't getting on top of his curve, and he left his FB up. Problematic.

His change is quite good. His velocity is easy. He needs to command his curve. Terrible start, but I'm optimistic (still) and unless his command starts being a problem (it wasn't before tonight) I think he'll have success through the end of the year.

Yeah. This pretty much. He wasn't getting on top of his curve, and he left his FB up. Problematic.

His change is quite good. His velocity is easy. He needs to command his curve. Terrible start, but I'm optimistic (still) and unless his command starts being a problem (it wasn't before tonight) I think he'll have success through the end of the year.

When hasn't command been a problem for Tillman?

In Seattle his last start...............

So that last start is supposed to absolve him from anything he's done in previous years?

I'm not sure why anyone is continuing to hold out hope for him. He's never performed well in the big leagues on a consistent basis. Yes, he's had a few gems here and there, but guess what? So did Daniel CaBBrera.

So that last start is supposed to absolve him from anything he's done in previous years?

I'm not sure why anyone is continuing to hold out hope for him. He's never performed well in the big leagues on a consistent basis. Yes, he's had a few gems here and there, but guess what? So did Daniel CaBBrera.

That was my point. Tillman and the rest of our young guns remind me of Kyle Boller. Raw talent, flashes of brilliance but not lasting. They don't seem to have that It factor, no ability to slow the game down, etc.

My hope is based on (i) talent; (ii) prior minor league success; (iii) success this year; (iv) a huge uptick in stuff; and (v) first-hand experience watching his games this year.

Just in case you're "not sure" why, I mean.

Archived