Independence Day - Tillman vs. Mariners 7/4

weams

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy 4th everyone!

Noesi has struggled gravely this year, I hope that continues.

He's an extreme FB pitcher (.55 GB/FB) but has a solid LD rate of 17%. His HR/FB ratio is 12.2%, which is well above what it was last year and league average. It's also surprising given that he moved from Yankee Stadium (Pineda deal) to SafeCo. SwSt% is 16%, which is respectable but just below league average for starters; 64% of all his pitches are strikes.

Pitch F/X Info:

di-6N2M.png

FT=2-seam FB; FF=4-seam FB=Slider; CH=Changeup; CU=Curve

This is our first look at a project of Rick Peterson's. Evidently the FB is back for Tillman, and his mechanics are sound. Tillman posted a June which consisted of 28.2 innings of 2.51 ERA ball, and 34 strikeouts and just 5 BB's. Very excited to see Tillman toe the rubber today.

4:10 Start

Chris Tillman

Hector Noesi

Michael's "boy" - I know you, in particular, are proud of the strides he has made this year. Let's hope this former Mariner finally gets it all together! Go CT!

BALTIMORE EROMITLAB

Xavier Avery - LF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Chris Davis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Jim Thome - DH

Matt Wieters - C

Wilson Betemit - 3B

Mark Reynolds - 1B

Robert Andino - 2B

Chris Tillman - RHP (8-8, 3.63 ERA) [AAA-Norfolk]

SEATTLE MARINERS

Ichiro Suzuki - RF

Michael Saunders - CF

Casper Wells - LF

John Jaso - DH

Kyle Seager - 3B

Justin Smoak - CF

Justin Smoak - 1B

Dustin Ackley - 2B

Munenori Kawasaki - SS

Hector Noesi - RHP (2-10, 5.69 ERA)

Michael's "boy" - I know you, in particular, are proud of the strides he has made this year. Let's hope this former Mariner finally gets it all together! Go CT!

I think that Chris will pitch well today. As for my fan boy status, Chris has earned that in his treatment of justD's injury at his start in Bowie. He has remained a great fellow and my expectations are that he will become a fine starting pitcher.

Archived