Independence Day - Tillman vs. Mariners 7/4

weams

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy 4th everyone!

Noesi has struggled gravely this year, I hope that continues.

He's an extreme FB pitcher (.55 GB/FB) but has a solid LD rate of 17%. His HR/FB ratio is 12.2%, which is well above what it was last year and league average. It's also surprising given that he moved from Yankee Stadium (Pineda deal) to SafeCo. SwSt% is 16%, which is respectable but just below league average for starters; 64% of all his pitches are strikes.

Pitch F/X Info:

di-6N2M.png

FT=2-seam FB; FF=4-seam FB=Slider; CH=Changeup; CU=Curve

This is our first look at a project of Rick Peterson's. Evidently the FB is back for Tillman, and his mechanics are sound. Tillman posted a June which consisted of 28.2 innings of 2.51 ERA ball, and 34 strikeouts and just 5 BB's. Very excited to see Tillman toe the rubber today.

This.

care-actors.

Is it a perfect game? Chen could probably have had the no hitter if he had been willing to sacrifice the perfect game. Palmer talked about that a bit last evening.

I thought that last night as soon as Wells hit the home run. Chen didn't want to walk him, so he was in a corner on the 3-2 count.

I actually thought that Chen may have been relieved after it was hit, so he could just relax and try to win the game from then on.

I thought that last night as soon as Wells hit the home run. Chen didn't want to walk him, so he was in a corner on the 3-2 count.

I actually thought that Chen may have been relieved after it was hit, so he could just relax and try to win the game from then on.

That's what he actually said in the post-game.

Archived