Hope Dan is on the Phones....

Greg

Soriano went 2-4 again tonight, hit his 19th HR and drove in 2 more runs in a Cubs win. He now has 58 RBI'S. Jones has 51. What are we waiting for DD? Our lineup is anemic right now and needs help. We need to rid ourselves of a few of the strikeout hitters in our lineup. His OBP is climbing and is up to .324 after tonight. Jones, Betemit, Davis and Reynolds is a strikeout pitchers dream come true. Davis and Reynolds cannmot bat back to back Buck. Please space them in the lineup. Every game it seems they strikeout back to back.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soriano went 2-4 again tonight, hit his 19th HR and drove in 2 more runs in a Cubs win. He now has 58 RBI'S. Jones has 51. What are we waiting for DD? Our lineup is anemic right now and needs help. We need to rid ourselves of a few of the strikeout hitters in our lineup. His OBP is climbing and is up to .324 after tonight.

You Seem to be high on Soriano and I say if we needed a DH fine.... But the Orioles should be going after Headley who fills a long term need with the team.

Soriano went 2-4 again tonight, hit his 19th HR and drove in 2 more runs in a Cubs win. He now has 58 RBI'S. Jones has 51. What are we waiting for DD? Our lineup is anemic right now and needs help. We need to rid ourselves of a few of the strikeout hitters in our lineup. His OBP is climbing and is up to .324 after tonight.

Don't talk about Soriano. That's not cool man. ;)

We need Soriano and Headley and I have said that numerous times. Soriano can be obtained without giving up much. We add Soriano and Headley and our offense suddenly comes to life. We then can package several of our pitchers and fielders for Josh Johnson. We have the players to make these trades. There are a lot of people on OH who see the value of adding Soriano. We need to get Reynolds out of our lineup and Davis and Betemit are hurting us too in key situations. All should be made available in deals.

We need Soriano and Headley and I have said that numerous times. Soriano can be obtained without giving up much. We add Soriano and Headley and our offense suddenly comes to life. We then can package several of our pitchers and fielders for Josh Johnson. We have the players to make these trades. There are a lot of people on OH who see the value of adding Soriano.

But, but, but, he trips over his feet when he plays LF and is owed $200 million over the next 2 years.

I hope we can get span and liriano from the twinkies and headley or hanley(whomevers cheaper). This would allow span to leadoff making kakes our #2 hitter and push hardy down to 7 or so. It would def bulk up the lineup. Btw i would be fine getting soriano but i just think a guy like span would give us an overall better lineup with more speed and less k's.

The season is more than half over. He is not owed 200 million. I think you meant to say $20 million each year. He actually makes $19 million per year and is owed about $7.5 million the rest of the season. The Cubs are prepared to eat most of his salary or at least 70% I heard. His defense is better the last few years. He has played 83 games in LF this season with 0 errors and 5 assists. AJ has played 96 games with 7 errors and 2 assists.

The season is more than half over. He is not owed 200 million. I think you meant to say $20 million each year. He actually makes $19 million per year and is owed about $7.5 million the rest of the season. The Cubs are prepared to eat most of his salary or at least 70% I heard. His defense is better the last few years. He has played 83 games in LF this season with 0 errors and 5 assists. AJ has played 96 games with 7 errors and 2 assists.

I think Flacco Machado was being sarcastic in his post! :)

I was being sarcastic. I've said since May that Duquette is going to get Soriano. I'm all for him coming to Baltimore.

Soriano will crush the ball at OP. There are a lot of players out there DD has to be considering. It's not an easy desision for him on a number of players. Headley, Ramirez, Soriano, Pierre, Pence, Victorino, Morneau, Bourjos and Span are all appealing. Any of them would help us.

We know about DD's connection with signing Ramirez when he was with the Red Sox. Duquette was the general manager when the Boston Red Sox signed Ramirez as an international free agent out of the Dominican Republic in 2000. And Orioles hitting coach Jim Presley held the same role in Florida from 2006 to 2010, including in 2009 when Ramirez won the National League batting title. Dan Connolly ...source. Would he play better in the AL East with the Orioles? Maybe! I think the South Beach and Miami scene may be distracting for some athletes. Is he distracted?

He would help our offense and is only 28. If we were offered Ramirez and Josh Johnson in a major deal you have to consider offering MM and others for them. Machado is from Miami and it's a natural fit for him. Connolly says the Marlins are believed interested in Nick Markakis. We've discussed trading him before and I'm not opposed to it but we would need to replace him. Pence, a right fielder, is being shopped by the Phillies. I don't know why. 17 HR'S and 58 RBI'S and makes a little over $10 mill per year or about $2.3 million less than Markakis..

It seems during every one of our 14 losing seasons the team plays lousy and the hitters stop hitting decreasing their trade value the weeks leading up to the trade deadline. DD better make some moves NOW because the team is looking like a team about to start another losing streak. The players like it here and don't want to be traded. This happens year after year and then we fade the second half of the season. I'm not saying they are laying down but let's just say they don't look inspired.

It seems during every one of our 14 losing seasons the team plays lousy and the hitters stop hitting decreasing their trade value the weeks leading up to the trade deadline. DD better make some moves NOW because the team is looking like a team about to start another losing streak. The players like it here and don't want to be traded. This happens year after year and then we fade the second half of the season. I'm not saying they are laying down but let's just say they don't look inspired.

I think that losing streak already started..

It's hard to look inspired facing Price down 5 R in the first inning.

I couldn't agree more. Did Buck wait too long to pull Gonzalez tonight. I didn't see the early innings. This is the first time it appeared this seaon the hitters looked like they just wanted to get it over with. 13 strikeouts tonight...10 last night. I wonder what would have happened if they had made contact and put the ball in play during those 23 at bats? Best news of the day....Boston and Toronto both lost. Toronto lost 16 - 0 to Oakland who visits OP this weekend. Arencebia the Toronto catcher left the game with a broken hand if my information is correct.

Archived