Chris Davis is a Keeper

brianod

Since athletes (what we're discussing here) generally workout, then they will gain more muscle. Not sure what the point is.

The point is, it's not automatic. And it's not automatic if you just "work out" like all athletes work out in the same generic ways. There are ways to take advantage of steroids and it's hard work. It doesn't just happen even for athletes.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearly you don't know what you are talking about. Do a little research and come back and demonstrate how it's been proven that steroids make a player hit the ball farther. I don't think you'l have much success.

I know what I'm talking about.

I had this dance with you before, and you kept spitting out nonsense after nonsense even after I proved to you otherwise.

Steroids are used to create more muscle, faster..and easier than a non-steroid user. More muscle mass, especially in the right areas, will help create more torque and generate more bat speed. It will also allow the user to use a heavier bat. Heavier bat + more speed = further home runs.

Why don't you look up the physics of baseball, and then talk to me later. I just hate that you post nonsense and try to pass it off as fact.

Ever wonder why Barry Bonds bat speed increased as he got older (i.e. right around the late 90s, i.e. when he started juicing?)?

Steroids simply repair muscle tissue. When you work out or engage in athletic activities, muscle fibers are torn and stretched...that's what allows them to get bigger or stronger. People usually work out every other day in order for the muscle fiber to repair. Using steroids repairs the tissue faster and allows athletes to work out more often...which typically results in faster, more advanced muscle mass.

Just ask Raul Ibanez

The point is, it's not automatic. And it's not automatic if you just "work out" like all athletes work out in the same generic ways. There are ways to take advantage of steroids and it's hard work. It doesn't just happen even for athletes.

Ah, I see you were just trolling earlier.

I'm not in any way, shape, or form saying that users of steroids are not putting in the work to get the benefits of using steroids. I'm just saying that the benefits of using steroids in the sport of baseball isn't just about faster recoveries. If anything, that may be a benefit for a pitcher, but not as much for a hitter. :)

The athletes in question were pretty savvy to what they were doing and were getting professional guidance in many cases. You make it sound like a bunch of dummies were taking some anabolic steroids with no idea what they were doing. That's nonsense. Anabolic steroids and other PEDs like HGH were combined to provide maximum effect and it's clear that many of them were knowledgeable about maximizing their effectiveness. That of course included a proper workout regimen.

The athletes in question were pretty savvy to what they were doing and were getting professional guidance in many cases. You make it sound like a bunch of dummies were taking some anabolic steroids with no idea what they were doing. That's nonsense. Anabolic steroids and other PEDs like HGH were combined to provide maximum effect and it's clear that many of them were knowledgeable about maximizing their effectiveness. That of course included a proper workout regimen.

I think you guys are saying the same thing.

There's a reason why the BALCO boys were in love with Greg Anderson.

Ah, I see you were just trolling earlier.

I'm not in any way, shape, or form saying that users of steroids are not putting in the work to get the benefits of using steroids. I'm just saying that the benefits of using steroids in the sport of baseball isn't just about faster recoveries. If anything, that may be a benefit for a pitcher, but not as much for a hitter. :)

Steroids help baseball players immensely. That is because the beautiful intricacies of the measurements of baseball become skewed. That is not to say that the game can not evolve past them as a game changer, such as Drungo has pointed out when they stopped using a dead ball. Or when stadiums became large, and then small again. Or when the mound was lowered for Bob Gibson and Sandy.

• 5 months later...

Archived