Chris Davis is a Keeper

brianod

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crazy that Mays did it in 1971 at age 40. Only hit 18 homers on the season...lead the league in on base percentage, though.

Yes. In fact, believe it or not, Mays also led the league in walks that year. :eek:

He really got a lot of bang for his buck from his rookie season at 20 years-old in 1951 through that 1971 season when he was 40 years-old, until he faded quickly in his final 2 season in '72 and '73.

Saw a funny tweet this morning that said something like - how bad ass is Chris Davis? Chuck Norris woke up this morning wearing pajamas with Chris Davis on them. :laughlol:

Yeah, I've heard that one before. What I heard was, "Superman goes to bed wearing Tim Tebow pajamas." Back when Tebow was a great college player, not the joke he is now.

• 2 months later...
Haha, think I won this argument.

Yes you did, and I'm glad.

As a reminder to everyone, Chris Davis had a .741 OPS the day this thread was started. His 2012 season-ending hot streak literally started the day brianod posted this (it was posted after the gaem that started the streak with a 3-run homer that day).

Never in my wildest dreams would I have seen this coming. Davis' final numbers last year were within a range that I'd hoped for, but even you, I'd venture, wouldn't have dared to think that Davis would be hitting this well 73 games into 2013.

Yes you did, and I'm glad.

As a reminder to everyone, Chris Davis had a .741 OPS the day this thread was started. His 2012 season-ending hot streak literally started the day brianod posted this (it was posted after the gaem that started the streak with a 3-run homer that day).

Never in my wildest dreams would I have seen this coming. Davis' final numbers last year were within a range that I'd hoped for, but even you, I'd venture, wouldn't have dared to think that Davis would be hitting this well 73 games into 2013.

Sometimes you allow potential to flourish and you get the Arietta. Sometimes you allow it to flourish and you get Chris Davis. As a GM, that's why you always allow it to flourish. One thing you don't want to do is give up before you are sure imo.

Chris Davis becomes only the second player in major league history with 26 homes and 23 doubles in their first 72 games.

The only other player? Lou Gehrig's 1927 MVP season with the Yankees.

Pretty impressive company.

Very nice. I'm honestly surprised it was ever done before haha.

Archived