vs. ATHLETICS 9-15

scOtt

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, I really do like pumpkin ales, and was all excited when the guy at the liquor store said Southern Tier Pumpking had just come in, but this might be the second beer ever that I just can't drink. The pumpkin flavor is there, but it's just too much for my preference. I like my beers to taste like beer, and the pumpkin spice flavor is just overwhelming in this one.

(The first beer I couldn't abide was when I accidentally got Stone's Belgo Anise IRS instead of their regular IRS. Similar issue; the anise flavor was too overwhelming for me.)

If I spend the $$$, I like Bass Ale. So smooth. so creamy, so dark, so bitter. :D

You know, I really do like pumpkin ales, and was all excited when the guy at the liquor store said Southern Tier Pumpking had just come in, but this might be the second beer ever that I just can't drink. The pumpkin flavor is there, but it's just too much for my preference. I like my beers to taste like beer, and the pumpkin spice flavor is just overwhelming in this one.

(The first beer I couldn't abide was when I accidentally got Stone's Belgo Anise IRS instead of their regular IRS. Similar issue; the anise flavor was too overwhelming for me.)

Have you tried the dogfish punkin? Its very subtle as compared to other pumpkin ales ive had. It literally tastes like autumn in a bottle!

Archived