Keith Law is not impressed (in 2012, but he is in 2014)

Burg

For some reason I thought about this thread just now. I'm wondering what Keith Law is thinking today. What will he have to say if the O's win? Will he start to change his mind about this team?

He's pretty set in his views. His story will be that the Yankees didn't learn anything from how the Rangers approached Saunders. WHEN the O's win this series, my fear will be that the national media will talk about how the Yankees bats choked rather than how special the Orioles pitching has been.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason I thought about this thread just now. I'm wondering what Keith Law is thinking today. What will he have to say if the O's win? Will he start to change his mind about this team?
Eat it, Keith Law.

And when I say it, I mean crow.

Why would he be shocked, though? He said the thought the O's had at least a 45% chance in the series.

He's pretty set in his views. His story will be that the Yankees didn't learn anything from how the Rangers approached Saunders. WHEN the O's win this series, my fear will be that the national media will talk about how the Yankees bats choked rather than how special the Orioles pitching has been.

Who cares? Keep disrespecting, it just makes it easier to sneak up on people and beat them.

It really is amazing how the O's have been in a position to benefit from their opponents beating themselves 96 times now.

Over the last day or so, Law has actually posted a few not-entirely-rude things about the O's, such as:

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Second half, maybe? "@McVey2K: @keithlaw Do you think that Bundy and Gausman make the Orioles' rotation next year at some point?"

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

I believe it. Airing it out in short stints. "@psmith0507: @keithlaw there's no way hunter is actually throwing 97-98...right?"

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Buck could take the night off and still say he outmanaged Girardi.

... and yet:

Keith-LawMacKayla.jpg

Why would he be shocked, though? He said the thought the O's had at least a 45% chance in the series.

I know he won't be shocked. I'm wondering if he'll change his mind about the talent on the team or the team's ability to win. For example you may not think Miguel Gonzalez will be a good baseball player going forward, but right now, for this season he is a very good.

I couldn't care any less what the National media says about us if we win. I'll be tipping my glass in salute to my team, and screw what the media says!

Over the last day or so, Law has actually posted a few not-entirely-rude things about the O's, such as:

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Second half, maybe? "@McVey2K: @keithlaw Do you think that Bundy and Gausman make the Orioles' rotation next year at some point?"

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

I believe it. Airing it out in short stints. "@psmith0507: @keithlaw there's no way hunter is actually throwing 97-98...right?"

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Buck could take the night off and still say he outmanaged Girardi.

... and yet:

Keith-LawMacKayla.jpg

If you ever listen to the Baseball Today podcast he makes it pretty clear that he respects Buck and thinks he is one of the top managers in the game.

If you ever listen to the Baseball Today podcast he makes it pretty clear that he respects Buck and thinks he is one of the top managers in the game.

They asked this question the other day and he put Buck in with Joe Maddon and Bob Melvin as the very best in baseball. High praise.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

He's tweeted before that he thought Hunter would be good out of the bullpen, due to an increase in velocity.

Archived