What did Curt Schilling say?

Dark Helmet

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Texas had hold on, I think Gammons would have tweeted:

"How awesome is it to see the Orioles watching on the field as they clinch a playoff spot?"

He was talking about the situation, not the outcome.

I could certainly be wrong. But he's never been a guy to write something like that.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I swear...sometimes I think people just want to get worked up over nothing. They take their fandom too seriously and any little comment is considered a slight.

I think we have the "Why Not" slogan for this season, fellas: "WE STILL IN THIS B!TCH!"

We'll be sitting around with our grand kids, saying stuff like: "Yeah, this season is great, Timmy. But you should have been around during that glorious WE STILL IN THIS B!TCH year... Those were good days."

Just my opinion but his "tweet" didn't seem "hilarious and smart as hell" to me. He should have stayed above the fray or "tweeted" a more civilized response.

I thought AJ's response was appropriate after Gammon's 'smirky' tweet---

Who cares about a grudge holding geezer like peter gammons. Sorry Andino destroyed your whole glory years with one swing. Bye bye boy genious, Youk, and the rest of the red sox core. I have no problem with AJ defending the Orioles. It's just like him hitting the Baltimore patch on his jersey every home run he hits. He's the leader of this ball club. I guess he should feel bad about watching the tex/laa game and tweeting and giving shaving cream pies instead of chicken boxes and six packs.

My response to Schilling: See you next year on Celebrity Survivor. Maybe you can win the grand prize. But don't be surprised when you net about $ 1.50 after the State of Rhode Island gets their cut.

My response to Gammons: Way to show your true homer colors. I'm sure you enjoyed that train wreck of a season that the Red Sox had. I"d be bitter too if I looked like the Crypt Keeper. ( By the way El Gordo, you give this guy way too much credit. To mention him in the same breath as the scholar Bart Giamatti is an insult to Giamatti's memory. Everyone on here knows that Gammons meant. It had less to do with the beauty of the game, and more to do with the bitterness of a job-hopping broken down sportswriter.)

My Response to Adam Jones: I do not have a twitter account or follow anyone on twitter. However, because of your accurate description of Peter Gammons, you will have one more follower once I get my phone fixed tomorrow.

Who cares about a grudge holding geezer like peter gammons. Sorry Andino destroyed your whole glory years with one swing. Bye bye boy genious, Youk, and the rest of the red sox core. I have no problem with AJ defending the Orioles. It's just like him hitting the Baltimore patch on his jersey every home run he hits. He's the leader of this ball club. I guess he should feel bad about watching the tex/laa game and tweeting and giving shaving cream pies instead of chicken boxes and six packs.

I agree with the sentiment of the post but AJ doesn't touch his arm for Baltimore. He has tattoos on his arm of his mother and grandmother and that is what he is touching.

Archived