Do we want Oakland to win tonight?

ChuckS

Still a no for me. I want to keep that one game lead for the first wild card spot, but it will be nice to see both the Rays and Angels eliminated from the postseason and it can't hurt us if the Rays have nothing to play for in our last two games.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the red sox win a game vs yanks so here is my plan. Hope the Rays sweep us and Rangers sweep A's cause that will lead to the Rays and A's playing a Thursday game before they come to Baltimore.

Pulling for Oakland tonight. Knowing that the Rays and Angels are officially eliminated will make me sleep better tonight cause their starting rotations are just filthy.

An A's starting pitcher at home is nothing to be excited about.

There's no way I'm rooting for the A's tonight. We need the Orioles to stay a game ahead of them so that we can still be in line for a home wild-card game (since winning the AL East is very unlikely at this point). If the O's and A's end up with the same record, the Orioles will have to play the WC game in Oakland, where they hardly ever win.

I don't care if an A's win eliminates Tampa tonight. The O's can eliminate the Rays themselves tomorrow or Wednesday. We NEED Oakland to lose.

No. We need to win more than OAK so we can have the home game Friday for the WC. I have no illusions about BOS taking the next two from the MFY. Does anybody really see that happening? Does that make me a pessimist or just not insane?

I'd much rather have Texas win tonight, but don't get me wrong... I'm not losing any sleep over Tampa being officially eliminated. I don't think they lay down and die for us, but I know for certain that Longoria won't play the last two if they're eliminated. He's playing on one leg right now anyhow.

If Oakland does win tonight, as far as I'm concerned, the playoffs start tomorrow for the Orioles.

Archived