vs Yankees Game 5

Satyr3206

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• They still need to win a few games to get there. I still don’t understand why people are acting like that is so certain (quoting you but not referring to you, per se).    3-8 in the last 11. 11 games left. In all seriousness, what makes anyone think we can even go 3-8 in the next 11?  We are bad in every single phase of the game and we’re playing against teams who have everything to play for (other than SF today, and they’ve pretty easily handled us this week already).    These last two games against SF, especially last night, have convinced me they’re going to fully blow this. We’ve already shown that Detroit can handle us. Probably going to lose to Webb today. Then it’s NY in NY. When is the last time we beat the Yanks in a late season series that mattered to both teams?  Ever? This team certainly isn’t the one to do it. And then it’s do or die in MIN. Anybody believe we can take 2/3 there?  I just don’t see a path to more than three wins, and even getting three doesn’t seem remotely certain. I think we’ll be lucky to win one game each of these last three series. Maybe that’s enough, but I’m far from sure they can even do that.    What’s the counterpoint to this?  Injury returns?  Too late for that IMO. Just start playing better?  What would make anyone believe that’s going to happen after 3.5 months of bad baseball? For real, someone tell me what they’re seeing that makes them think even 3-8 is going to happen in the next 11. 
    • We traded far too much for what we got in return IMO. You can't totally judge trades this early but as it stands now, Elias gets a well deserved D for his trade deadline performance. I've said this before. He's done a fantastic job bringing this club back to relevancy. I just question some of his roster construction and trade decisions.
    • Since July 1st, the Orioles are 31-37 and since the Trading deadline when Elias was supposed to make the team better they've gone 19-24 (.441). Now grant it the team lost Westburg and Grayson as well as Eflin for a little bit, but what can't be swept under the rug is that Elias traded a decent part of his minor league league prospects and the team has done worse. The acquisitions of Rogers, Jimenez and Soto have not improved the team. Eflin has kept them from being even worse and we have him for next year, and the same goes for Dominguez. Hopefully Soto will figure it out or Elias wasted two pitching prospects (Chace being probably being the one with the most upside of any pitcher traded).  
    • First off, welcome to the Hangout. It's hard to see this team doing anything in the playoffs as they've pretty much imploded this September when we hoped they would turn it back on. I mean, we never know, but unless a miracle turn around occurs, whoever gets the Orioles in the first round is going to have it fairly easy.
    • Our goose is cooked.  So sad.
    • The 1984-2024 O's could tie the 1903-1943 St Louis Browns for one of the top 10 all time World Series appearance droughts.  Think about it that way.  It's been a long time.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_franchise_postseason_droughts
  • Popular Contributors