O's Acquire Danny Valencia

Orioles0615

Should I apologize for that? Should I apologize for the fact that when I brought your argument up majority of them laughed? The reason they were brought up is because I was using those people as facts behind what I was saying since you couldn't quite grasp the idea. If you have people who do that for a living rolling their eyes at your ignorant ass scenario, wouldn't that ring a bell that maybe your argument really isn't that good?

No, I don't want or need an apology from you. And actually, I wasn't the one who started the Stanton for Bundy thread, in which you made your comments. So, you and any other of your buddies in MLB, can roll their eyes all they want. The fact that you said Stanton wasn't a premier talent, speaks of your ability to evaluate any talent.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's November 28th. I can't even fathom how anyone can be frustrated with the moves already. Duquette is adding some depth which is what he does nicely. If Velencia remains the biggest acquisition come February I'll voice my concerns, but it's way too early.

This right here. For years I have watched the people on this forum gripe about how poor the depth was in our system. DD appears to be doing his best to address this issue. To quote the Oriole I respect most...."We got Deep depth"

So sayeth the Earl of Baltimore

We may not be as deep as I would like to see yet but at least DD is trying.

Brother,

He is not worth the time it took you to type this reply. Dark helmet comes across to me as the epitome of the word troll.

Also please do not apologize to him. Those of us who actually understand these types of moves appreciate the insight your experiences contribute to this forum.

Yep, all of us that don't agree with shopping at the dollar tree are trolls. Or is it just anyone that doesn't agree with your thinking? You call me troll, so I guess i'm allowed to say that you come across as a prime example of an internet bully, that can talk tough from behind his computer down in KY?

vs RHP - 211 PA, .280/.303/.410 - 100 sOPS+

vs LHP - 111 PA, .374/.441/.525 - 160 sOPS+

vs RHP - 449 PA, .224/.274/.352 - 80 sOPS+

vs LHP - 159 PA, .309/.352/.470 - 118 sOPS+

vs RHP - 105 PA, .168/.190/.257 - 27 sOPS+

vs LHP - 56 PA, .226/.214/.377 - 54 sOPS+

Looks like a textbook Duquette move, at least for this team. The only question for me is, what happened to Valencia from his rookie season through the next two? Was he hurt? Did the league adjust and he wasn't able to respond? He spent a good amount of time in AAA last year for Rochester and Pawtucket.

Valencia will obviously fight to make the roster but if the Orioles can get him back to 2010 form they have a bit of a steal. Even his defense dropped off, perhaps due to frustration over his hitting (or maybe it's a small sample size issue).

With every minor move comes the inevitable moaning that we aren't spending enough money. Every team in the league makes minor moves like this one, there's literally nothing to complain about here unless you're a big fan of Joe Mahoney.

I just dont understand why we clutter the 40man with guys that arent very good baseball players. I dont think Mahoney will be a big loss as I doubt he will ever hit MLB pitching. This guy looks like DFA fodder later. I dont know how much they paid ...But it seems at first look to be a waste of resources even if its a small amount of money that we sent Boston

I agree he's a decent platoon bat off the bench. I even like the move if he's used correctly. Just thought it was funny that Duquette chose to emphasize his on base skills. That OBP from the left size is inflated by a .343 BABIP in just 301 ABs and comes despite a 6.8% walk rate.

Very true, and very accurate use of those numbers.

No, I don't want or need an apology from you. And actually, I wasn't the one who started the Stanton for Bundy thread, in which you made your comments. So, you and any other of your buddies in MLB, can roll their eyes all they want. The fact that you said Stanton wasn't a premier talent, speaks of your ability to evaluate any talent.

See what you fail to realize is that I live here in Miami and I attended games at the park. Which I'm sure you maybe saw some SportsCenter highlights. Stanton, who I've said is a very good ball player. If I was building a team I would want him on it. He strikes out too much and he's not very clutch when you need him like a premier player usually is. That's what separates him from premier status to a very good ball player status.

But no I do no think he's a premier talent of an ARod, Griffey or a Jeter. And my entire argument is that you do not trade TOR potential (which has been verified across the board not just by the people I know) of Bundy for a bat that of his caliber. Simple as that. Pretty sure I've been clear on that principle.

It's funny how you take a personal shot at me and have the slightest idea what I do for a living. See it's people like you that make me laugh and I appreciate the comedic relief. There seems to be some professional organizations that do value my opinion.. and some NCAA top 20 baseball institutes that value them as well. So please clean up after yourself and finish World of Warcraft game in Mom's basement. It's been real. You're going on ignore because you're just a {chump}.

I just dont understand why we clutter the 40man with guys that arent very good baseball players. I dont think Mahoney will be a big loss as I doubt he will ever hit MLB pitching. This guy looks like DFA fodder later. I dont know how much they paid ...But it seems at first look to be a waste of resources even if its a small amount of money that we sent Boston

Watch out Johnny, you'll be called a "troll" again.

Danny Valencia is younger and showed more promise recently than Nate McClouth did when we signed him to a minor league deal last season. When used properly, Valencia could have as much upside to rebound.

Players have different skill sets and abilities that help to set their value, but what our manager and scouting can get out of these players can greatly increase their contribution and thus, their value to the team. Putting Valencia in a strict platoon for whatever time he spends on the 25 man roster would be an excellent use of resources. Most teams need to trade value to get value, we just got it for nothing (except cash considerations).

Watch out Johnny, you'll be called a "troll" again.

No, Johnny isn't a troll, he just gets frustrated. Sometime he convinces me to see things his way and sometimes I convince him, and sometimes we just choose to disagree. As all Non-Troll, Non-trollee, relationships are supposed to work.

No, Johnny isn't a troll, he just gets frustrated. Sometime he convinces me to see things his way and sometimes I convince him, and sometimes we just choose to disagree. As all Non-Troll, Non-trollee, relationships are supposed to work.

I know he's not a troll weams. And neither am I, though i've been called one. Of course, thats better than the "World of Warcraft playing", Ignorant A*#", "Douchebag" that lives in my mom's basement, that SoxCorner just called me.

I did not

I know he's not a troll weams. And neither am I, though i've been called one. Of course, thats better than the "World of Warcraft playing", Ignorant A*#", "Douchebag" that lives in my mom's basement, that SoxCorner just called me.

See the Ignorant quote. I did help him with his language on the other to make it as he wanted, and I have seen some behavior from you which came close to troll-like. Everyone cool it. It is best.

Archived