Mariners, O's Displaying Strong Interest In Butler

Greg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does Hamilton have to do with the comment I made BTW?

BTW did I ever mention Hamilton, or our pursuit or lack there of to get him? He has nothing to do with what I said. Zero.

I made a general statement about why we are even entertaining trading prospects, that is 100% true.

So Brendan if you want to get your panties in a bunch about the possibility of having to trade young players, direct your anger at the man who makes it that way and not me.

Then what is?

It's simply not a smart move to give Hamilton the money that he wants. That's why we aren't. The same reason that the Rangers have said they won't give more then 3. Hamilton will end up getting more then 3, and he will get a lot of money, and it would not be smart for the O's to give him that kind of deal.

Again, if I'm wrong and he gets much less then I think then I'll say we should have gone after him and we made a mistake.

Peter Angelos is not why we aren't getting Hamilton. But keep living in your dream world.

Please stay on topic during the Winter Meetings. These threads are hard to read through at work.

Also Angelos not increasing payroll is the reason that they cant afford Hamilton without doing nothing else.

What does Hamilton have to do with the comment I made BTW?

BTW did I ever mention Hamilton, or our pursuit or lack there of to get him? He has nothing to do with what I said. Zero.

I made a general statement about why we are even entertaining trading prospects, that is 100% true.

So Brendan if you want to get your panties in a bunch about the possibility of having to trade young players, direct your anger at the man who makes it that way and not me.

We are entertaining trading prospects because there aren't free agents that upgrade the team the way that DD wants to.

So there isn't ONE free agent that would help this team win or be a fit for our needs??

Not one huh?

Sure there are. Hamilton would help us. It's just smart to spend the kind of money that he wants. If Hamilton was willing to sign a 3-4 year deal worth no more then 20M a year, the O's would be all over it. There is more to judging if a player will help your team or not then just seeing how many homeruns he hits.

Archived