Wada's Return May Be Sooner than Expected: Showalter

OFFNY

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well. At least we went 1-2 on those signings. So I know he isn't opting out but don't we still have to re-activate him from the DL and drop somebody at some point?

This is correct. We have to activate him from the 60 Day DL and then we can option him, unless the Orioles decide to DFA him. No one will claim him so why waste the roster spot, though with Snyder DFA'ed there is an open spot on the 40 man right now IIRC.

This is correct. We have to activate him from the 60 Day DL and then we can option him, unless the Orioles decide to DFA him. No one will claim him so why waste the roster spot, though with Snyder DFA'ed there is an open spot on the 40 man right now IIRC.

Actually, the other option is that Wada "reinjured" himself during this start and would head back to EST to rehab before going back out on another rehab assignment. If another injury occurs while on a rehab assignment that causes them to stop, the clock is restarted for the new injury. I have a feeling this is what will most likely happen.

Wada is obviously either not close to 100% physically yet, or having significant mechanical problems. Even if you buy into the fact the Wada's stuff from Japan does not translate to MLB, there is no way he should be this bad in AAA.

Yes, you don't go from ace on a good team in Japan to very bad AAA pitcher in a pitcher's environment without substantial changes to how you pitch. Either he's not healthy, or his body is still adjusting to his new ligament.

Let him figure it out in AAA. I am quite sure if he shows pretty good numbers over a decent stretch of games Showalter will bring him up for a look see. He just has to get himself right down there. Even if he is only a callup just before the end of August so he could be eligible for post season.

I do feel this guy WILL end up helping us before this season is over.

5 shutout innings, a run in the 6th, then he got the first 2 batters out in the 7th before departing.

TSUYOSHI WADA O (vs. AAA-Indianapolis, 6/16)

IP:. 6.67

H:o 5

R:O 1

BB: 0

SO: 8

Pitches: 95 (66 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2013 ERA: 6.68 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

19 (14 Strikes, 5 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

61 (51 Strikes, 1 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 6 Balls)

22 (16 Strikes, 6 Balls)

71 (41 Strikes, 3 Balls) *

* Wada retired 2 batters before departing in the 7th inning.

In most cases, I would like to see a starting pitcher throw at least 3 or 4 good games at the AAA level before calling them up.

However, if Wada pitches another game like this in his next outing, I would like to see him get the call.

I don't know if they were working on certain aspects of his game in his previous outings without regard for the results on the field and in the box scores, but the numbers here show him to be a completely different pitcher ...... 0 walks, 8 strikeouts, and excellent strikes-to-balls ration (66 Strikes, 29 Balls), only 1 run in 6.67 innings.

Again, that's a big IF ....... if he pitches this well in his next AAA outing.

I'd rather see a couple good starts. This past start was very encouraging, but I want to see more. I still have hope that Wada is a big boost in the second.

Give Britton a couple starts and then see where both are. Both are big ifs.

With Wada I think they will go slow. Giving Zach more than one start less so... He needs to step up tonight.

First-You have to change your avatar back. I feel as though I am in a parallel universe and something is just not quite right. In this parallel universe JTrea is a reasonable, logical poster and you post things like trade Bundy, Gausman, Schoop, Avery, Hoes, Delmonico, Strop, Arrieta, Britton, and McLouth for Giancarlo Stanton, Cliff Lee, Jose Veras, and Travis Wood. This 5 team trade would have the Orioles winning the WS for the next 5 years and it would be a win,win,win,win,win for all teams involved.

Second- I really like Britton and would love nothing more than for him to turn it back around, pre should style.

First-You have to change your avatar back. I feel as though I am in a parallel universe and something is just not quite right. In this parallel universe JTrea is a reasonable, logical poster and you post things like trade Bundy, Gausman, Schoop, Avery, Hoes, Delmonico, Strop, Arrieta, Britton, and McLouth for Giancarlo Stanton, Cliff Lee, Jose Veras, and Travis Wood. This 5 team trade would have the Orioles winning the WS for the next 5 years and it would be a win,win,win,win,win for all teams involved.

Second- I really like Britton and would love nothing more than for him to turn it back around, pre should style.

You mean Charlize? I can do that. I switched back to flaming pie last night and we all saw how that worked.

Archived