Josh Hamilton market update - 3 years $60-75 million

TradeAngelos

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It isn't gonna be $160-175 million I can tell you that much, and it won't even be close.

Noone thought it would be 160-175 if it was 5 years. It would have been close to that if someone went 6 years which would have been the stupidest free agency signing ever.

Pretty much. If you've got a lineup that good and that's performing without Wells, why would you play him? Maybe they just dump him and eat the cost. But he's a good bat off the bench. It's World Series or bust for these guys, so who cares about Vernon Wells' ego?

I guess. Must be nice to eat more money then our owner is willing to spend on a player. I figured the Angels would do something big with the Dodgers stealing Grienke and the headlines from them.

Yup, the same GM that was first to turn us down.

You are wrong about Hamilton.

How am I wrong? The facts are the facts.

He only played in 75.8% of the games during his age 26-31 seasons due to injury.

Over that period, he averaged less than 4 WAR per season.

A player usually begins to decline and break down around age 32.

He's almost 32.

He's a recovering drug addict.

Seems pretty risky to me.

It is still more than you, the most ardent fan of the Orioles signing Hamilton, were willing to spend as your max offer.

Well I said i'd be willing to go 5/125 all along. 4/100 would have gotten it done weeks ago probably. Oh well. I knew once McLouth was signed the Hamilton train had passed.

Archived