What is your "oddest" piece of Orioles memorabilia?

notfast

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone remember the little coin type things that you would get at 7-11 under your slurpie cup? I had Cal, Eddie, Bordick...that was always fun to see who you would get.

After a month of drinking slurpees non stop, I stopped caring and went into a 7-11 looking under all the cups until I got one of Cal.

I've got some of the confetti saved from Cal's 2131 game.

I have many, many items from the 19th century Orioles (hence my screen name). For more recent items, I'd say one of the oddest I have are the original copper tops to the flagpoles at Memorial Stadium.

Would love to see some of these things, any way you can photograph some of this stuff and put it on a thread somewhere? Would truly be cool to see. I don't know if i have anything odd, i keep all my ticket stubs from every game I've ever been too. I have a brick from Memorial stadium that i bought from the Babe Ruth museum website. bunch of floppy hats, plastic coolers, random foam Orioles bird still in package, coasters at work with the Orioles infield dirt in it, over dozen bobble heads including late 60's gold based bobble head. Coolest thing imo i bought was 2 seats from Camden Yards when they put new seats in.

• 1 month later...

1. Seat from Memorial Stadium

2. Infield dirt from Memorial Stadium

3. October 6, 1991, Memorial Stadium cover signed by Mike Flanagan

4. Light which was on the wall of a Memorial Stadium Concession Stand

5. Brooks signed Norman Rockwell painting w/COA

5. Brooks signed baseball

The scorecard/mini-program thing they handed out at the Orioles vs. Pax River Bombers basketball game played at St. Mary's College sometime in the early 80s. On yellow card stock, looks printed on a mimeograph machine. I remember Cal, Eddie, and Rich Dauer being on the team, and O's trainer Ralph Salvon patted me on the head for some reason.

I have a small jar of dirt authenticated to be from the infield at Memorial Stadium. About the size of a spice jar, still sealed. It has a diagram of Memorial Stadium on it. I got it for calling WBAL and answering an O's trivia question in 1991.

I think it's probably gone now, but for a long time I had a ziplock bag full of dirt, grass, and warning track gravel from Memorial Stadium. I picked it up myself when my high school marching band played there at the Maryland State Band Championships in '87 or '88.

I have many, many items from the 19th century Orioles (hence my screen name). For more recent items, I'd say one of the oddest I have are the original copper tops to the flagpoles at Memorial Stadium.

I would love to see any 19th century O's stuff you have. A lot of it is really rare. Most of the team-owned memoriabilia went up in flames with the old Federal League park in '44. I'm a huge 1890s O's fan and I basically have nothing from that era.

Archived