Jair Jurrjens agrees to deal with Orioles

Greg

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has been posted earlier in the thread and I missed it, but Jurrjens is considering pitching in the WBC for the Neatherlands. Not too sure that seems wise or maybe it will be a quick snapshot of what we have with him?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4606/jair-jurrjens

He was already committed to play for them before signing here. He's considering backing out though, so that he can be in camp for the Orioles. I don't really have a problem either way in this case. It might be good for him to face some legit competition early on so that we can see what we might have, but it would also be nice to have him for a full camp.

Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun

Also hearing RHP Jair Jurrjens was in the process of a lengthy physical earlier 2day. It is not expected to be completed by Friday.

It is a whole million dollars after all, big bucks for Peter, I wonder if Petey is asking him to turn and cough...

It is a whole million dollars after all, big bucks for Peter, I wonder if Petey is asking him to turn and cough...

I am all in favor of the O's being as meticulous as possible given Jurrjen's injury history. If there is anything, and I mean, anything of any concern, pass on him. I would rather see what we have in some of the youngsters, anyhow. I still fear that there will be 1.5 million reasons why Jurrjens gets handed the 5th spot regardless of how he looks early on.

I am all in favor of the O's being as meticulous as possible given Jurrjen's injury history. If there is anything, and I mean, anything of any concern, pass on him. I would rather see what we have in some of the youngsters, anyhow. I still fear that there will be 1.5 million reasons why Jurrjens gets handed the 5th spot regardless of how he looks early on.

Could be an extra million and a half to kick towards Saunders...

Could be an extra million and a half to kick towards Saunders...

Yup, I'd love to have Joe back but it kind of feels like he's getting the ole' "Reynolds" heave-ho. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to have Saunders back and the stability he would bring our rotation. Plus, after his heroics last year, in my book, Saunders is and will always be... one of us, one of us, gooble, gobble, gooble gobble...

2 days? Due your due diligence, but it is a million dollars, peanuts on today's market.

Angelos still has night terrors about the $5.88 he wasted on Justin Duchscherer. And his drinking buddies are really tired of the "I so rocked the Aaron Sele physical and avoided slightly overpaying for a guy who broke down three years later" story.

Angelos still has night terrors about the $5.88 he wasted on Justin Duchscherer. And his drinking buddies are really tired of the "I so rocked the Aaron Sele physical and avoided slightly overpaying for a guy who broke down three years later" story.

LOL-did the "Duke" cost that much? I thought it was much cheaper than that? Regardless, a 2+ day physical for a million dollar contract? Come on...that is not really necessary.

As you often do. Duchscherer signed for 700k and never played for the Orioles. http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110130&content_id=16534394&c_id=bal

Some people exaggerate for effect, some people take 25-game hot streaks and project them out to MVP seasons. We all have our flaws.

In any case, $700k is about the same as $5.88 in baseball salary terms.

Archived