Jair Jurrjens agrees to deal with Orioles

Greg

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peterson's presence alone should give Orioles fans hope that the club's newest member will end up being a productive player. Peterson knows pitching as well as anyone, and he proved as much for the umpteenth time in 2012 by helping to turn the likes of Miguel Gonzalez, Chris Tillman and even Steve Johnson into effective hurlers.

In short, Jurrjens needs a pretty major repair job, but he's landed with the perfect organization to carry it out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1501776-is-there-any-hope-for-jair-jurrjens-to-regain-all-star-form-with-the-orioles

Wow public perception has changed...

Look at it as a Nate McLouth-esque move that has the potential to be even more effective. Jurrjens, before the injury problem, was one of the best pitchers in baseball. Getting him at 1.5 million has the POTENTIAL to be the steal of the decade.

Not a Nate McLouth-esque move at all. We are counting on him and Riemold to split the job in left field. If Riemold gets injuried again, then we count on McLouth to take over full time out there. I think that if McLouth doesnt do well, we are scrambling to fix a spot. The Jurrjens move is a COMPLETE non factor if he does terrible.

Not a Nate McLouth-esque move at all. We are counting on him and Riemold to split the job in left field. If Riemold gets injuried again, then we count on McLouth to take over full time out there. I think that if McLouth doesnt do well, we are scrambling to fix a spot. The Jurrjens move is a COMPLETE non factor if he does terrible.

I think he's talking about the similarities to last year in that they really didn't expect anything from McLouth.

Sigh...

Like I said earlier we are operating under a competitive disadvantage with regards to thread length compared to OH threads of the past. You can not directly compare thread length over various eras.

Exactly, we be missing some of the more cantankerous and less than user friendly denizens of past seasons. The OH is more thread-efficient nowadaze, imho anyway......

:agree:

Get Along Guy

Sigh...

Like I said earlier we are operating under a competitive disadvantage with regards to thread length compared to OH threads of the past. You can not directly compare thread length over various eras.

What, did they lower the mound?

Sigh...

Not to mention people with various page settings :rolleyes:

This thread only has 7 pages right now in my browser. You have to go by post count if you're actually going to count a thread's length.

Archived