Reimold: The Look in His Eye

srock

Very true. People act like Buck is gonna say...

"Man, BRob looks like a child out there, doesn't he? What's he weigh, about a buck 20?"

"Nolan. This kid has all the talent in the world, but if he makes it to warm weather healthy, I'll buy you a boat!"

"I really like our team, but GD Duke, you said you were gonna give me a MOO hitter. Where the **** is my MOO hitter?"

Spring training is great because these types of platitudes are believable and we all want to believe.

When your 20-40 in the standings and 3 SP's are on the DL, then its just brutal watching a manager or GM try to put a positive spin on things.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if his salary will double again if he doesn't play this year!!

No. Only gov't workers can not work and have their salary double. :D

I love all the Reimold news. Yes, as Tony said, it's all cliche and meaningless, but I don't are- I still love hearing it. The thought of having a healthy Noland Reimold all year makes me very, very happy. This lineup will simply crush the ball if that happens.

He was on the radio this evening and was asked how he felt after his first day yesterday taking batting practice. He said he felt fine and was asked again do you feel any different or words to that affect and he said he felt fine. He sounded slightly annoyed like why should I feel different after one day of batting practice. I would be very surprised if he hasn't been swinging a bat prior to arriving in Florida so he should have felt fine. He will be hearing these questions all spring.

I hope he can stay in the lineup and contribute as our righthanded DH. We can't afford him on the field risking inbjury.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm waiting for the first article that says Alexi Casilla spent the whole season at some facility in Arizona running through a Olympic pool pulling an 1850s farm plough, and is ready to break out with 45 homers.

Didn't he?

Reimold will be the Orioles 2013 MVP. Mark it down, remember the date. Nolan Reimold, Orioles MVP for 2013.

That's kind of hard to do when you are on the DL, like he will be again. He's never been able to stay healthy for a half of year let alone a full year.

No. Only gov't workers can not work and have their salary double. :D

With years of salary freezes and indiscriminant furloughs approaching thems fightin' words!

I hope he can stay in the lineup and contribute as our righthanded DH. We can't afford him on the field risking inbjury.

DHs get hurt, too. I'm not sure there's a significant difference in injury rates among DHs and non-DHs.

I'm not too concerned about the look in his actual eye. However, I am quite concerned about the look in his MRI.

Then rest assured, for he has been cleared by doctors for full physical activity.

The worry with Reimold isn't a present injury, but a possible future injury.

In related news, Matt Wieters, Jason Hammel, Darren O'Day, Jim Johnson and Pedro Strop all sat in the front row of a team meeting this week. Buck said "These guys were sitting right up front. 'What have we got?' It's the little things."

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/02/thursday-morning-musings.html

Between these guys sitting in the front row and the look in Reimold's eyes, I guess we can start printing W.S. tickets. :)

Archived